Jose Angel Crespo

Qwpzxjor1

I would think given he covers a number of positions then maybe two or three could leave on the back of this signing...

Really? And if this one player gets injured, who covers then?

Bringing in 1 utility player and then releasing 3 would be a bit stupid. 

Edited by PieFacE

I would think given he covers a number of positions then maybe two or three could leave on the back of this signing...

Really? And if this one player gets injured, who covers then?

Bringing in 1 utility player and then releasing 3 would be a bit stupid. 

Seeing as this one player would be the cover himself then we would already have the first teamer out of action.  Not many clubs have cover for the cover,  certainly not many in our position

1 in and Baker/Cissokho out makes sense to me in terms of economically and squad places.

• Like 1

Under Lambert this type of player would be coming in to start. Now it's adding to the squad. I'm happy with that level of improvement at the moment.

Actually it'd be Benteke and Vlaar, as well as Lowton, KEA, Westwood, Bennett, Bowery and Sylla, but hey.
What's your point?

I'm just fed up of all the Lambert talk. If you have confidence in Tim, then cool - I think he has done great things this summer. But if you have to use Lambert as a reason to make Tim look good, then it just sounds as though you are insecure about it all.
Haha

Haven't said anything about Sherwood in this thread. You ok?

So when you compare this transfer, by saying 'under Lambert this...', what are you comparing it to? This is a Sherwood signing?

I'm not having a go at you. I'm just fed up of Lambert. His shit football and now him popping up with comments all the time.

Relax.

Under Lambert we signed bacuna, lowton, Bennet and Luna to play at fb. Now I'm not having a go at him, we all know he had financial restraints placed on him. This guy feels a bit like those signings yet I doubt he will be coming in as a starter.

I'm also not soley crediting Sherwood with the improvement in signings, clearly we have a team at the club who make the decisions now and we're clearly spending more money.

I don't know what got you so worked up.

Wasn't having a go, sorry if it came across that way.

Hoping TS can bring in quality and quantity tbh!

Never heard of him so thought Id look up a few stats and such this morning.

Seems he has played in all of the positions speculated upon above and maybe left midfield too occasionally

14 - 15 Cordoba - 8 games at LB, 14 at CB, 3 at RB 1 at LM/RM in the league. 1 appearance at LB and 1 appearance at RB in the Copa del rey

13 - 14 Bologna - 1 game at LB, 2 games at CB, 1 game at LM, 6 games at RM in Serie A and 1 appearance at RM in the Coppa Italia

Oh yeah and both Bologna and Cordoba got relegated btw

Under Lambert this type of player would be coming in to start. Now it's adding to the squad. I'm happy with that level of improvement at the moment.

Have you seen him play?

How do you know he's not coming in to start?

Well he played mainly at lb and cb last season. Can't see him coming to replace amavi or Clark and Richards.

Fair enough.

I thought he could play both sides so could see him being our number one choice RB.

Can't see Sherwood being too keen on keeping Hutton in the team.

Can't see it.

Can't see us spending £9 million on a new lb and signing a bloke who rarely played at rb last season to start there. Could be wrong but he just sounds like a utility defender.

Agreed. In fact, I think we are going to see more than that leaving.

I think Sherwood does not rate most of last seasons squad.

• Like 2

Never heard of him so thought Id look up a few stats and such this morning.

Seems he has played in all of the positions speculated upon above and maybe left midfield too occasionally

14 - 15 Cordoba - 8 games at LB, 14 at CB, 3 at RB 1 at LM/RM in the league. 1 appearance at LB and 1 appearance at RB in the Copa del rey

13 - 14 Bologna - 1 game at LB, 2 games at CB, 1 game at LM, 6 games at RM in Serie A and 1 appearance at RM in the Coppa Italia

Oh yeah and both Bologna and Cordoba got relegated btw

Well surely it can't be 3 in a row, can it? Hahaha.

Bit underwhelming but I'll leave judging him until seeing him play.

• Like 1

He's a utility player covering all positions across the back, at least it seems that way. Why on earth would people expect to be "overwhelmed".

We've spent some serious dough on some real potential so far with more promised. Don't sweat the small stuff, these players have their uses too.

• Like 2

We now have 2 recognised RB's which means Bacuna can play more forward in his natural position if selected.

Midfield? Not sure I trust him there.

Can see Hutton ending up at WB.

that was his recognised position before comin here. Hi filled in at right back when we were desperate with injuries.

We now have 2 recognised RB's which means Bacuna can play more forward in his natural position if selected.

that was his recognised position before comin here. Hi filled in at right back when we were desperate with injuries.

He hasn't ever impressed me in midfield. Gives ball away easily.

This really is a strange one, but the other new signings I am impressed with, so I trust their judgement on this one.

Looks like he thinks our cover players are not up to much either.

I wonder if there are more surprises to come.

This really is a strange one, but the other new signings I am impressed with, so I trust their judgement on this one.

Looks like he thinks our cover players are not up to much either.

I wonder if there are more surprises to come.

They aren't up to much are they? Shit like Chris Herd and Tony **** Moon. Useless tat. It's why we've nearly been relegated 4 years on the bounce. I'm glad we are ripping the squad apart, let's get it done.

He hasn't ever impressed me in midfield. Gives ball away easily.

Agreed.

Bacuna has never been anything other than crap when played in midfield for us.

The only position he's done well in is fullback.

He's not comfortable enough with close passing to be effective in midfield.

• Like 1

so we've got issues with the size of our squad and how many players we can register so we go and buy a bloke who can cover all of the back 4

'kin hell that makes a bit of sense

he might not be a world beater but i can see the logic of us getting him, 2nd choice for the fullbacks, 3rd-4th choice for CB, if the money is right then ive got no problems with it

Â