Bomb Squad v 2

VillaChris

I wouldn't rush to get rid of Baker or Senderos (although it's clear the latter has no future under TS).

Totally agree with Bennett, Tonev, N'Zogbia - they can all go (if someone will take them!)

Also, I can see Cissokho going although I like him as he can actually defend and would be good when fatigue, injuries or suspensions kick-in.

Does anybody know who we have sold/released this summer?

-------------------Given-------------------

--Lowton----Herd----Vlaar----Luna---

--Sylla--Delph--Cleverley--Weimann--

---------Benteke-------Bent--------------

Subs To Be Continued…

Stevens

Helenius

With the financial fair play thing now in that's a lot of high earners we have got rid of there. Obviously means we can still bring in several more players in with the extra wage budget we now have. I bet the wages Bent earned alone cover both Gueye's and Ayew's who I suspect can't be on much more then £30k a week each.

Subs To Be Continued…

Stevens

Helenius

With the financial fair play thing now in that's a lot of high earners we have got rid of there. Obviously means we can still bring in several more players in with the extra wage budget we now have. I bet the wages Bent earned alone cover both Gueye's and Ayew's who I suspect can't be on much more then £30k a week each.

Yeah i would hazard a guess at aroud £1.5/£2m a month in wages alone right there!

If we can get a price for these players and have replaceme ts then fair enough then get them sold. We have already got rid of a fair few and regardless of quality it will be foolish to bin off any more before we bring players in. IMO.

Edited by rodders0223

Not so sure about Bennett, he has talent and appears to have caught Sherwood's eye. I could well see him being kept as the back up left back. 

We should keep Baker too, when he played last season he played well and is a big physical presence. The only thing that mitigates against him for me is he is injury prone. That might mean he would keep Senderos instead as we need four centre backs but I think he will retain one of them. If not maybe sign a good young prospect or more likely bring forward a player from the U21s?

Hutton is safe too as he is a solid RB and we don't have many options. Richardson I don't know, he might be safe simply because of his versatility.

The only two I can definitely see leaving at the moment are Tonev and Cissokho. Cole might be kept for his experience and guidance of the younger players. I would get rid of N'Zogbia too but he does seem to lead a charmed life.

Edited by Harry

Subs To Be Continued…

Stevens

Helenius

As it stands I'm not convinced our eleven would beat that team, which is a bit of a concern.

• Like 1

As well as the obious lot, to be honest I'm not sure Tim ever wanted to sign Scott Sinclair either, I think that was a contractual signing and I remember his comments at the time sounding a little surprised. Not suggesting he is in a 'bomb squad' as I think now he's here, he'll get a chance but I don't think he's really in Sherwoods long term plans.

Subs To Be Continued…

Stevens

Helenius

As it stands I'm not convinced our eleven would beat that team, which is a bit of a concern.

------------------Guzan------------------

Richards---Okore---Clark-----Amavi

Gil---Gueye---Westwood---Sinclair

-----------------Grealish------------------

-------------------Ayew--------------------

Edited by Kingman

why the hell did we offer cole a two year contract? crazy in my view

We are paying him a Milky Way and a packet of haribo a week that's why.

His contract is heavily incentivised with performance related bonuses.

why? He is hardly on 50k a week

No but still a million pounds that could be better spent. 

maybe but we dont know what Cole does on the training ground. I imagine he is a brilliant player for Grealish and Gil to learn from

• Like 1

As well as the obious lot, to be honest I'm not sure Tim ever wanted to sign Scott Sinclair either, I think that was a contractual signing and I remember his comments at the time sounding a little surprised. Not suggesting he is in a 'bomb squad' as I think now he's here, he'll get a chance but I don't think he's really in Sherwoods long term plans.

Sinclair will be very much a squad player this season and tbh his performances in pre season aren't really changing that impression.

Disappointing as he looked excellent first few games he played for us.

Odd how in the friendlies we've mostly made few changes. Whereas in recent seasons we've played a different side each half.

Like tonight, no Tonev, Zog, Cissokho, Richardson, Sanchez, Cole.

Steer, Donacien, Calder and Sellars didn't feature either.

is Senderos even fit???

Bennett I presume is still injured.

Herd has obviously gone.

Not saying all these players should play, but be interesting to know who is definitely likely to be moved on.

Looks like we gave Sanchez a month's break after Copa which is what Arsenal have done with Alexis so he should be back for this weekend.

The others you've listed I just don't see how they're going to figure much for us this season given how little they'vve figured in pre season and considering we'll still make some more signings so I expect most of them to move on probably on loans.

Â