World Cup Draw 2018

andykeenan

Group A: Netherlands,   France, Sweden,   Bulgaria, Belarus, Luxembourg

Group B: Portugal, Switzerland,   Hungary, Faroe Islands, Latvia, Andorra

Group C: Germany, Czech Republic,  NORTHERN IRELAND,  Norway, Azerbaijan, San Marino

Group D: WALES,  Austria,   Serbia, Republic of Ireland, Moldova, Georgia, 

Group E: Romania,   Denmark, Poland,   Montenegro, Armenia, Kazakhstan

Group F: ENGLAND,  Slovakia,  SCOTLAND,  Malta, Lithuania, Slovenia

Group G: Spain, Italy,   Albania, Israel, Macedonia, Liechtenstein

Group H: Belgium,   Bosnia-Hercegovina, Greece, Estonia, Cyprus

Group I : Croatia, Iceland, Ukraine, Turkey, Finland

The Czech group

GROUP C:

Czech Republic; Northern Ireland; Norway; Azerbaijan; San Marino

:DB)

Und Deutschland, nein?

Should be a battle between you and us for second place with you being favourites. Could have been worse, considering the dreadful position we've put ourselves in before the draw.

I didn't highlight Germany when I copied. Not to bash Norway, but I think this group is dead set with Germany and Czech being 1 & 2 respectively. Norway does have some decent footballers, but Czech has no reason not to get at least 2nd. 

Group Winners:

France

Switzerland

Germany

Austria

Denmark

England

Spain

Belgium

Croatia

Runners up

Netherlands

Portugal

Czech Republic

Serbia

Poland

Scotland

Italy

Bosnia

Ukraine

Edited by Zatman

I see a lot of people saying that but Austria played us off the park 2 years ago and they are a better team now and only a friendly I watched Serbia and mainly Matic dominate our midfield 18 months ago. Not to mention Bale pace against our defence. We struggled against Scotland who are not as good as any of these 3

I think a lot of people are getting a bit excited because we avoided a big name like Germany but teams like Austria, Serbia, Switzerland the mid ranking teams are teams Ireland cant beat. Havent beaten a top 80 ranked team at home since 2001 and only beat France away in that time

Group Winners:

France

Switzerland

Germany

Austria

Denmark

Spain

Belgium

Croatia

Runners up

Netherlands

Portugal

Czech Republic

Serbia

Poland

Scotland

Spain

Bosnia

Ukraine

England?

oops  :huh:

people will think im still biased against them ;)

• Like 2

The Czech group

GROUP C:

Und Deutschland, nein?

Should be a battle between you and us for second place with you being favourites. Could have been worse, considering the dreadful position we've put ourselves in before the draw.

Will you beat Azerbaijan this time? ;)

The Czech group

GROUP C:

Und Deutschland, nein?

We last played them in '09 and yeah we lost, but I hardly remember that match at all. 

Oh I was on about Norway recently drawing 0-0 with them at home.

@Zatman....a Serbian fan's view on them qualifying..... :lol: 

If you remove every single one from seniors,maybe leave Nastasic,Matic and just promote all of those u20,we might not qualify for anything but at least we would see fight,desire,unity to play for the nation etc. Sadly its going to be other way around,seniors will stay and their way of doing things when it comes to national team,some u20 players might be added but at the end they will be forced to accept their ways and turn into cnuts like rest of them.

The Czech group

GROUP C:

Und Deutschland, nein?

Probably not! :D

The Czech group

GROUP C:

Und Deutschland, nein?

I didn't highlight Germany when I copied. Not to bash Norway, but I think this group is dead set with Germany and Czech being 1 & 2 respectively. Norway does have some decent footballers, but Czech has no reason not to get at least 2nd.
As I said, you are indeed favourites. Though, I'd like to think that our, let's not forget, very young side will improve a fair bit over the next twelve or so months. For us, there is no reason not to believe it is at least possible.

It's open, most key Czech players like Kadlec, Sivok, Limbersky, Plasil and Kolar will be all over 30 when the campaign begins, no idea if Rosicky will retire or still be around.

Problem with Norn Iron is they too have many players well over 30 in their squad and I expect most will retire after they make France 2016 as that will be a great send off for them so they probably won't seriously challenge for 2nd although well capable of nicking points off all bar Germany.

I'll call it two and a bit years early this will be the group where 2nd dosen't make play offs as Germany will pretty much beat everyone and you'll all draw one game v Azerbjani's!

That's a rotten draw for England, a parade of minnows to plough through again without really testing ourselves. The games against Scotland are a bit more of a challenge, thanks to atmosphere and so on, but shouldn't really present much of a challenge. We'd be much better off with a real challenge for a change. 

I see a lot of people saying that but Austria played us off the park 2 years ago and they are a better team now and only a friendly I watched Serbia and mainly Matic dominate our midfield 18 months ago. Not to mention Bale pace against our defence. We struggled against Scotland who are not as good as any of these 3

I think a lot of people are getting a bit excited because we avoided a big name like Germany but teams like Austria, Serbia, Switzerland the mid ranking teams are teams Ireland cant beat. Havent beaten a top 80 ranked team at home since 2001 and only beat France away in that time

Based on what I said, who would you have preferred from the top pots other than who we got?

I posted my preferred group on last page ;)

Netherlands are not great at moment and England or Romania would have suited our side style of play and lack of pace and from Pot 2 Austria for me are easily the best team in that pot at the moment, played Russia off the park last month in Moscow without Alaba ( Russia might not be a great team but not many teams win in Russia) and have some good footballers in midfield that will walk through Ireland again