Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

By 'a gigantic margin' over Gana?

Gana was our best player that season.

Even if you did think Ayew, a "gigantic margin" is way ott.

Ayew was probably the player who peaked highest. The most talented maybe.

But he was extremely inconsiistent. 

Gana was probably our only player that season who could walk away with any credit. He wasn't amazing, but he put in some pretty consistent, decent performances.

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But he was extremely inconsiistent

Gana was probably our only player that season who could walk away with any credit. He wasn't amazing, but he put in some pretty consistent, decent performances.

3273F4D5-6B99-43CA-BB61-BB03B70DE6C2.gif

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But he was extremely inconsiistent. 

Give me my dictionary back 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...

4th season at Palace. Has played near 150 games and scored 15 goals.

He has scored 1 this season, 3 the last and 1 the second before...and he still play 30+ games a season.

What am I missing here? How, when clubs have 100m+ from TV alone each season is Ayew still a PL player and a regular one at that.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/02/2023 at 07:21, rodders0223 said:

He has scored 1 this season, 3 the last and 1 the second before...and he still play 30+ games a season.

What am I missing here? How, when clubs have 100m+ from TV alone each season is Ayew still a PL player and a regular one at that.

Palace now 3 games without a shot on target in a row. Edouard hasnt been a huge success but surely they can do better than Ayew 

It seemed to be a peculiar "palace thing" for them to have strikers that dont score much in the PL since they got promoted: Glenn Murray, Benteke, Ayew, Batshuayi....just something i noticed with them, they have decent wingers and other forward type players but always seem to have poor strikers

49 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

It seemed to be a peculiar "palace thing" for them to have strikers that dont score much in the PL since they got promoted: Glenn Murray, Benteke, Ayew, Batshuayi....just something i noticed with them, they have decent wingers and other forward type players but always seem to have poor strikers

Is it a case of poor strikers or do all their attacks end at the feet of Zaha?

They've basically been playing him as a press resistant attacking midfielder for a few seasons now.

Even at his peak for us he was more a scorer of great goals than someone who'd be in the six yard box tapping in close range efforts.

Palace fans I know don't rate him anyway. They'd rather see Will Hughes starting.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Is it a case of poor strikers or do all their attacks end at the feet of Zaha?

That is a fair point, he does seem to run into defenders a lot or get an offside but is also their best attacking player. He does seem to always kick off against us aswell so can imagine he is a pain to teammates too and maybe this affects them

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Ayew very rarely starts as a striker for them tbf, more of winger / inside forward.

I think there's an element with him of ... he inspires a lot of wishful thinking. There's enough flashes of brilliance through a season to think he might win you a game or have a little run of form, but inevitably it doesn't really happen.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Ayew very rarely starts as a striker for them tbf, more of winger / inside forward.

I think there's an element with him of ... he inspires a lot of wishful thinking. There's enough flashes of brilliance through a season to think he might win you a game or have a little run of form, but inevitably it doesn't really happen.

This exactly.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â