Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Me either.

I don't think he was very good, but I don't think it was anything to do with not caring.

He's just one of those players that has a certain demeanour that when things are going badly people perceive that he can't be bothered. 

I'm not saying he didn't put effort in on the pitch but he 100% had his arse in his hands from the summer after his relegation clause kicked in on his wages.

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He did put a shift in though, that's my point. He just runs and acts in this laid back manner that makes people think he's not trying. 

It happens everywhere. 

Ozil is the obvious example. He generally covers more ground in a game than Sanchez does. But if you ask anyone who works harder I'd almost guarantee they'd say Sanchez, me included before I read about that. 

But because Ozil floats around the pitch, but Sanchez moves in these busy sprints from point to point, the perception is different. 

I think Ayew has the same problem. Because he's not all hustle and bustle he comes across as lazy, when I don't think that's his problem. 

His problem is he's rubbish. 

Agreed, there were many games were he tracked back and worked his nuts off for the team, I don't have the stats but I would be surprised if he didn't regularily top the distance covered or most sprints. Then the one time he didn't (due to being knackered, fair enough) the old 'Ayew you lazy ****' would be shouted. I never understood it.

The problem was when he had the ball he only played for himself, especially towards the end. He must have one some seriously crappy education as a youth. He just wasn't good enough to justify the wastage, for 7 goals a season or whatever it wasn't worth the hassle. Crap footballer.

Edited by rodders0223

• 3 months later...

Having watched him play for Swansea against Man Utd. I can confirm he's still poor. He did play one good ball across the box but other than that offered very little and glowered his way through the game. 

Edited by villa89

44 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Having watched him play for Swansea against Man Utd. I can confirm he's still poor. He did play one good ball across the box but other than that offered very little and glowered his way through the game. 

Thought it was a crap cross that almost became a good shot myself.

I think he is rubbish.

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/08/2017 at 19:00, Xela said:

A striker that doesn't score. 

After seeing his brother score I wondered what Jordan was up to.  Couldn't even remember where he went. 

I see he has scored 2 goals in 18 appearances. 

He's just not very good I am afraid.  One of many signings we made for decent money who were just not good enough and sent us down. 

Other clubs keep finding out overseas gems for peanuts and we keep spending substantial sums on complete nails. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking much better now. 11 in 51 for Swansea overall. His career is 1 in 5 though so its about right for him. 

Been brilliant for them since xmas, don't think I'm going too far to say he's one of their main catalysts for staying up.

He's the sort of striker who needs an arm round the shoulder and be told how good he is so would imagine that's what Carvahal has done. Signing his brother was also a smart move.

Â