Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

14 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Where have you seen that?

On the transfers thread, somebody said that the Twitter guy who gets most stuff right said that the deal was effectively done for him to leave. Was wondering if he'd be confirmed to leave now, or after the AFCON

19 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

Some need to go though for sure!  That Villa transfers account seemed to think Ayew leaving is already agreed

If anyone has access to the Twitter account - because it's blocked from new users - please confirm or deny? 

4 minutes ago, skarroki said:

If anyone has access to the Twitter account - because it's blocked from new users - please confirm or deny? 

He said that Ayew had a medical prior to leaving for the African cup of nations (28htDec), meaning he may possibly leave this window

I don't understand the idea of a "pre AFCON" medical, I mean how many games and training sessions has he played since that medical? What if he ruptures his ACL in training out there but doesn't make it public? Will he still be able to sign for anyone because he's already done the medical? Can't imagine many clubs taking that risk, there's a reason medicals are the absolute last thing that happens in a transfer 

Shame if he is leaving.  Was hoping in my heart of hearts he'd come back from the AFCON, see our new signings and give it another 6 months, but alas it seems not.

Mind you, he's been a bit **** in the tournament by all accounts, so chances are he'd come back even more grumpty and ****ed off than normal.  Probably best shot of him if we get good money.

4 hours ago, weedman said:

I don't understand the idea of a "pre AFCON" medical, I mean how many games and training sessions has he played since that medical? What if he ruptures his ACL in training out there but doesn't make it public? Will he still be able to sign for anyone because he's already done the medical? Can't imagine many clubs taking that risk, there's a reason medicals are the absolute last thing that happens in a transfer 

Nah, medicals don't really work like that. They look at bone structure, joints, spine alignment etc, for long term issues. Not so much muscle. They'll know if he's torn his ACL when he arrives in a wheelchair!

The ITK medical guy has been absolutely spot on with everything so far. He's legit I assure you. So if he says Ayew had a medical, he had a medical. Along with Tony's tweet that there will be outgoings (and there should be), I think we might not see him again. 

Edit - They obviously do look for muscle problems, but if we were to agree a deal while he's away it's easy enough to fly somebody out to give him a quick check up, rather than a full on 3/4 hour medical with all the relevant gear. In Africa. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Has some talent, but his decision making is awful, and his attitude hasn't been great this term.

It's also not clear what his best position is - maybe right wing in a 433, but I prefer Adomah there.

I still think he's one of our better players, so I hope we're signing a decent replacement if he is going, but I won't lose sleep. 

4 hours ago, Barney_avfc said:

https://twitter.com/avfctransfers1/status/819152090215944192

People asking about Ayew......he had a pre signing medical before he went to ACON - so if a bid is  accepted I would imagine he will go

How can you have a pre signing medical before you enter a tournament? You pay 12m then he breaks his leg and out for a year before you kicked a ball!

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How can you have a pre signing medical before you enter a tournament? You pay 12m then he breaks his leg and out for a year before you kicked a ball!

Well they wouldn't have paid the fee until he has actually signed. That would probably just to get the formalities out of the way to speed up things when he gets back. (If true at all)

We signed Downing with a broken leg!

Â