Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

39 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Sound to me like "I'm happy with the money I'm on, if a better club comes in for me then I'll leave, if not then meh"

Happy with that, but im sure he had a pay reduction in his contract. Sure Hollis said that about all french players if we got relegated

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I seen to be in a very small minority that hasn't really been all that impressed by Mr Ayew.

He was best of a bad bunch last season and did actually look like he cared so he probably gets him a bit more credit than others but agree he is a bit headless for me and a walking red card

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Genuinely think he'll be the best forward in the league if he stays. 
Doubt he will though.

If we can keep hold of Ayew, Gana, Grealish, Traore and Amavi....we'll do well next season.

He'll need someone to partner up with though to be most effective. Currently we don't have that so I think we should really consider our mistake last season and look into signing strikers this time around. Especially considering that it's not exactly nailed on that he's staying yet.

If we can hold on to those players I will be very happy agreed.

39 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Genuinely think he'll be the best forward in the league if he stays. 
Doubt he will though.

If we can keep hold of Ayew, Gana, Grealish, Traore and Amavi....we'll do well next season.

I think Tony and RDM see this too - and if they do, and if the target is promotion first time, then these players will not be leaving - so long as they don't have some dodgy clauses in their contracts.

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Still need someone decent to play alongside him

Very much agree. I had hopes we were in for another striker last summer when we stopped at Ayew and Gestede. I'm sure (or hope at least) that last season has made it abundantly clear that we need to sharpen up this area of the squad and that it is made a priority this time around.

Just now, osmark86 said:

Very much agree. I had hopes we were in for another striker last summer when we stopped at Ayew and Gestede. I'm sure (or hope at least) that last season has made it abundantly clear that we need to sharpen up this area of the squad and that it is made a priority this time around.

McCormack?

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

McCormack?

Haven't been following the speculations that much during the euros, but lo and behold! promising signs that this is indeed a priority ^^.

59 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think Tony and RDM see this too - and if they do, and if the target is promotion first time, then these players will not be leaving - so long as they don't have some dodgy clauses in their contracts.

Not so sure that Tony would see it that way. Surely him suggesting that Paddy Reilly hasn't done not too well would suggest that he doesn't rate these players?

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Not so sure that Tony would see it that way. Surely him suggesting that Paddy Reilly hasn't done not too well would suggest that he doesn't rate these players?

Well the positive to the moneyball strategy is that we got ourselves some talented individuals, but not a talented team. Reilly is as responsible for our relegation as all key decision makers last season were so needs to go, but if RDM thinks he can weave some of these players into a team then it only seems sensible to keep them.

• Like 1

Â