Diego Rolan

juteface

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/23/bordeaux-president-categorically-denies-aston-villa-approach-for/?

Bordeaux president categorically denies Aston Villa approach for potential Christian Benteke replacement Diego Rolan

The Uruguayan has been linked with a move to Villa Park after Benteke's move to Liverpool.

The President of French side Bordeaux has categorically denied that Aston Villa have made any approach for their striker Diego Rolan. Jean-Louis Triaud spoke about the Uruguayan striker to So Foot and made it clear that Villa, as well as Newcastle United, had not made any official approach for the player:

"Newcastle, there has been contact, but never direct with us. In many times, but by various intermediaries.

But if one of our players could interest another club they know my phone and my address, so: direct contact!

“Newcastle, we can assume that there was some truth in their interest, but Aston Villa, never heard! They have never manifested directly or indirectly, by any agent, at the time when I speak.”

So it seems that whilst Newcastle have a lingering interest, the Villa story for now looks like conjecture.

It made sense yesterday of course. Villa lost star striker Christian Benteke to Liverpool last night. The Daily Mail reported that Villa were looking at signing the player for a fee in the region of £15 million.

Now it seems that no approach has in fact been made for the player.

Newcastle United were reported as interested in June by The Chronicle but have since signed Aleksandar Mitrovic so are unlikely to make a move now.

Should Villa sign him?

The club certainly need at least one new striker now. Emmanuel Adebayor has been linked but someone a bit younger, with a bit more hunger, makes sense.

Rolan might be that man. He is still just 22-years-old and scored 15 goals in 35 games last term in France.

At the moment it would appear that the transfer talk is just that, talk. But Villa could do a lot worse at bringing in this talent to replace their departed talisman Benteke.

Could Rolan fill the Benteke void?

Im just glad we are looking at the continent tbh. Far better players out there than the likes of Austin or Ade!

tumblr_mrrey3aPqG1qlwunto1_250.gif?w=950
My vote for post of the year

So what has a man to do to get a like from you?

Im just glad we are looking at the continent tbh. Far better players out there than the likes of Austin or Ade!

Post something I like, largely evident by the nature of the button being discussed, one would have thought?

Post something I like, largely evident by the nature of the button being discussed, one would have thought?

one would have thought........

I got better ways to spend my time brother, I only came in here to see if we signed anyone, had a laugh at an unexpected Ade Edmondson gif, don't cry about my posting history fella, have a lovely day xx

• 2 weeks later...
Â