Diego Rolan

juteface

Apparently we have tabled an E18m bid for the Bordeaux striker.

Speculation in Uraguyan news and a few other sources

https://translate.google.ie/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.republica.com.uy%2Faston-villa-ofrece-18-millones-de-euros-por-diego-rolan%2F527502%2F&edit-text=&act=url

Don't know much about him personally but that seems like a fair chunk of cash.

Seems very expensive for a pretty average scoring rate. We need to show some ambition here or we'll be sucked into the darkness/ 

You're only as good as your last season. I'd say 15 goals in that league is very good. 

He was played as a wide forward apparently, possibly better conversion rate as an out and out striker. Still, seems like a lot of cash but maybe other clubs are sniffing around and we really need a young replacement for the big man.

Seems very expensive for a pretty average scoring rate. We need to show some ambition here or we'll be sucked into the darkness/ 

You're only as good as your last season. I'd say 15 goals in that league is very good. 

Well, that's not really true. I'd rather we paid £15m for someone with 18 goals in the Premier League last season - and a history of scoring throughout his career - than £13m on an unknown from another league with one decent season behind him and a pretty underwhelming career otherwise.

It might not be true if you are 25/26 but what was he 21/22 last season so he's probably only matured as a player last year. 

So how does he command that sort of fee?

I've never seen the guy play tbh, I can't really judge, just seems a lot going off those stats. It's probably nonsense anyway. 

We slapped a 32.5 mil release clause on Benteke after one good season. Yes the Premier League is better than the French league but players values to go up after one good season. Look at Austin!

Â