Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

It'll have to drop a hell of a lot more for us to take him on.

Even if Spudzzz paid £35-£40k a week towards his wage for the final year of the contract it would be a lot for us.

I can understand the link but as many have said, on loan yes but not on a 3yr high wage contract.

Not going to happen with at those sort of figures but id be pretty darn annoyed if Adebayor became our highest paid player ever.

£170k wtf were man city thinking

• Like 1

This is the exact type of signing that has caused us all the problems we have had over the past 3 years. High waged has beens with no sell on value looking a last big pay day. Doesnt matterwhat he may turn out like, its the philosophy we have been getting away from.

Doesn't matter what he turns out like ?

I can't get my head around that as a guiding principle at all.

Surely if you could see the future and it was him scoring 15 goals a season for 2\3 years you'd take him ?

Surely what they turn out like is exactly what matters, not how old they are or how much they are?

No because my point is we have had a philosophy of staying away from these players over the past three years. Its not if he turns out to be good or not thats the question here, its the principle that we shouldnt be buying him at all is the underlaying problem!

A loan is a different thing altogether.

Not going to happen with at those sort of figures but id be pretty darn annoyed if Adebayor became our highest paid player ever.

£170k wtf were man city thinking

"We want that player and, more importantly, we don't want them to have him. Hey look, a billion pounds!"

• Like 1

This is the exact type of signing that has caused us all the problems we have had over the past 3 years. High waged has beens with no sell on value looking a last big pay day. Doesnt matterwhat he may turn out like, its the philosophy we have been getting away from.

Surely if you could see the future and it was him scoring 15 goals a season for 2\3 years you'd take him ?

Surely what they turn out like is exactly what matters, not how old they are or how much they are?

No because my point is we have had a philosophy of staying away from these players over the past three years. Its not if he turns out to be good or not thats the question here, its the principle that we shouldnt be buying him at all is the underlaying problem!

We've had a philosophy of staying away from players like this and where has it got us? 15th, 15th and 17th respectively. Some fans may be happy just knowing their childhood favourite club is still around, but what is the point if we're living in relegation hell every season. Right now we are fighting for mid-table but we should be wanting Villa to be the best not just exist for the sake of existing.

We've stayed away from players like this sure, but one or two won't hurt and if it helps us out then it is a necessary evil. The issue in the past was buying entire squads of players on £50-£70k a week with no resale value, that is where we went wrong. Signing Adebayor even if we do pay him £100k a week, if he's the only one on those kinds of wages then we aren't being reckless.

In this era, the era of TV money you have to finish as high up the table as you can to grow in stature. Adebayor is pocket change if we finish 10th or 8th or 6th this coming season which we could easily do if he provided some much needed goals..

Edited by Daweii
  • Like 1

We will only take the deal if there's little or no transfer fee and wages are at about half what he's on now. Personally I think it may happen but maybe late in the window. Can see Levy waiting it out to see if some Chinese/Arab club come in for him.

Edited by omariqy

We've had a philosophy of staying away from players like this and where has it got us? 15th, 15th and 17th respectively. Some fans may be happy just knowing their childhood favourite club is still around, but what is the point if we're living in relegation hell every season. Right now we are fighting for mid-table but we should be wanting Villa to be the best not just exist for the sake of existing.

We've stayed away from players like this sure, but one or two won't hurt and if it helps us out then it is a necessary evil. The issue in the past was buying entire squads of players on £50-£70k a week with no resale value, that is where we went wrong. Signing Adebayor even if we do pay him £100k a week, if he's the only one on those kinds of wages then we aren't being reckless.

In this era, the era of TV money you have to finish as high up the table as you can to grow in stature. Adebayor is pocket change if we finish 10th or 8th or 6th this coming season which we could easily do if he provided some much needed goals..

One of the main reasons why we have finished 15th, 15th and 17th in the past three seasons is because we havent had a pot to piss in because of this type of player which was signed prior to these 3 seasons.

• Like 1

This is where a Cleverly type loan would be ideal. Get Adebayor on a year loan with an option to buy for £3million at the end of the season. Hopefully Spurs can pay 50% of his wages as well. 

• Like 1

We will only take the deal if there's little or no transfer fee and wages are at about half what he's on now. Personally I think it may happen but maybe late in the window. Can see Levy waiting it out to see if some Chinese/Arab club come in for him.

Apparently Adebayor has already turned down moves to Turkey and the Middle-East.