Fantasy Football 2015/6

Junxs

I'm assuming anyone is welcome to join? 

I hope so because I just have 

Not having too bad a season, wonder where'll I'll land here next week? 

Did anyone else get excited in August and pick Villa players? I always do. They're dropped soon after. 

4 hours ago, BOF said:

@maqroll Maybe close the league off to new signups now.  Otherwise we risk anyone coming along in the final weeks and nicking the whole lot, or at least pushing people down.

@It's Your Round managing to be the last to slide under the door ;)

Thanks BOF, I feel my pitiful score has gone in my favour ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Up into the top 2% (1.8%) of the leaderboard now and 9th in VillaTalk league.  Even have a full team with the luxury of a sub this week with no points sacrificed.  Quietly hoping for a very good weekend.  Especially considering most of my players' opposition are garbage.

Yes I keep waiting for the big week to come but it seems not - all the remaining weeks are ten only so I guess there's no bonus week. 

Had to spend 4 points on a transfer to get myself up to 9 available players. Bringing in a striker at least has a chance of negating the cost and being slightly more beneficial. 

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Yes I keep waiting for the big week to come but it seems not - all the remaining weeks are ten only so I guess there's no bonus week. 

Had to spend 4 points on a transfer to get myself up to 9 available players. Bringing in a striker at least has a chance of negating the cost and being slightly more beneficial. 

Oh it's coming alright.  Teams have games in hand.  Those games have to be played.  They just haven't been scheduled yet, so they can't be put into the gameweek lists.  But they're there.

• Like 1

On 11/03/2016 at 08:23, Stevo985 said:

I wasn't anticipating this very small gameweek this week!

It would appear I anticipated it more than a hell of a lot of other people.

I had 2 Free transfers saved up so was able to field 10 players whereas the majority of my work league either didn't notice, or didn't bother to make too many changes. I'm into the top 5 now and flying.

The recent tactic of just captaining the striker of whatever team are playing Villa is working well.