Fantasy Football 2015/6

Junxs

I've pulled to within 100 points of the leaders of my work league. Sounds like a lot but it was nearly 300 points at one point earlier in the season.

I honestly think I'm in with a chance of reeling them in if I finish the season strongly.

This will also be only the second ever season I've actually played all the way to the end. I usually get bored by christmas.

19 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Has anyone had any luck with their triple captain? I've got to use mine at some point and I don't remember making a good captain choice all season.

My strong advice (former winner of this league, runner up last year and third this year) would be to use it in a double gameweek, likewise the bench boost

There were no double game weeks this season.

I was initially saving mine for over xmas as here's usually a double game week, but none this year.

As far as I can see, there are none scheduled this season, but I suppose cup finals might jig that around a bit.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There were no double game weeks this season.

I was initially saving mine for over xmas as here's usually a double game week, but none this year.

As far as I can see, there are none scheduled this season, but I suppose cup finals might jig that around a bit.

Look at the fixtures for Gameweek 27 (not very far away now) , because of the League Cup Final Man City, Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle don't have a fixture. This extra fixture will have to be played before Gameweek 38 meaning all of these clubs are already guaranteed a double gameweek.

In addition the clash between BPL and FA Cup fixtures in the weekend of gameweek 30 means that more clubs will also have a double gameweek.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Adamus said:

Look at the fixtures for Gameweek 27 (not very far away now) , because of the League Cup Final Man City, Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle don't have a fixture. This extra fixture will have to be played before Gameweek 38 meaning all of these clubs are already guaranteed a double gameweek.

In addition the clash between BPL and FA Cup fixtures in the weekend of gameweek 30 means that more clubs will also have a double gameweek.

Well bollocks :D

Aye, ive saved bench boost and all out attack for those weeks

I've still got my bench boost, but that's really annoyed me because I was specifically saving my triple captain for a double game week :D

My spur of the moment playing of it last week is a horrible error.

Must be a Villa fan

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've still got my bench boost, but that's really annoyed me because I was specifically saving my triple captain for a double game week :D

My spur of the moment playing of it last week is a horrible error.

Must be a Villa fan

If you've still got your second wildcard left then keep an eye out for the big double gameweek. Play your wildcard the week before the DGW and fill up with DGW players then the bench boost in the DGW, if it works out you could effectively have 30 players that week rather than 11.

• Like 2

Just need to remember when the double game week is coming up.

Thanks for the tips, I had saved things expecting the double game week over Christmas and didn't think about ones later in the season.

There are never double gameweeks over Christmas, I honestly don't know where you guys have got this idea from. There's always lots of individual gameweeks in quick succession, but no doubles. 

Double gameweeks are always in the late twenties, early thirties. There's also sometimes a double gameweek in gameweek 1. I've literally never known one over Christmas. 

• Like 2

On 05/02/2016 at 21:49, HanoiVillan said:

There are never double gameweeks over Christmas, I honestly don't know where you guys have got this idea from. There's always lots of individual gameweeks in quick succession, but no doubles. 

Double gameweeks are always in the late twenties, early thirties. There's also sometimes a double gameweek in gameweek 1. I've literally never known one over Christmas. 

Well I wouldn't put my house on it, but I was fairly certain there had been double gameweeks over the xmas period before. Maybe I dreamed it.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well I wouldn't put my house on it, but I was fairly certain there had been double gameweeks over the xmas period before. Maybe I dreamed it.

I'm pretty sure you did. 

I've been playing for three years and there weren't any over Christmas in that time, and I don't really see how there could be. The thing about double gameweeks is that it involves some, but not all, teams playing an extra match. Famously, the Christmas period is impossible to fit any extra matches into, with clubs playing every two or three days.