Renaming Villa Park

mikeyp102

So with the supposed take over supposedly being cancelled/failed, we need to generate more money. Apparently today the north stand was being cleaned (first time in yrs?). Maybe something is in the pipeline re the remaining of VP? I wouldn't be adverse as it would still be known as VP .

So with the supposed take over supposedly being cancelled/failed, we need to generate more money. Apparently today the north stand was being cleaned (first time in yrs?). Maybe something is in the pipeline re the remaining of VP? I wouldn't be adverse as it would still be known as VP .

Just trying to clean the stench of boggies fans.

If it means investment in players (which I don't think it necessarily would), call it Twatface McGinty's Bumfest Emporium for all I care.

But in reality I don't think it's necessary unless it was part of a wholesale sponsorship takeover, like the Emirates or the Etihad.

Do people call still call the Aviva Stadium Lansdowne Road? Exactly.

No, because it's a different stadium. Lansdowne Road was knocked down and a new stadium built on top of the same site. It's known as the Aviva Stadium as it has no other name, and has never had any other name, in the same way the Emirates is known as the Emirates instead of anything else.

Isn't the Emirates Ashburton Grove?

We are in a very different situation to other clubs though as our USP is our history. With the possible expectation Anfield and Wembley it arguably the most famous stadium in England. Whenever we are on TV references are made to "this famous old stadium". Most of the naming rights deals in recent years have been for new stadiums, or ones moved into within the last 20 years or so. 

There just wouldn't be the value in it for us. As an example, I watch Spanish football and attracted to the older, more traditional clubs. I'm sure there's plenty who have a liking for Villa overseas for the same reason. 

I don't really agree with that. Most clubs have history but the only people who really care about that history are the fans. Modern football is about the here and now.

Yippee aye ayyyy

Yippee aye ooooo

Twatface McGinty's Bumfest Emporiumers iiiiin the skyyyyyyy

Can't say it isn't catchy

• Like 1

I really wouldn't mind if Villa Park was renamed. It could be the Red Bull Arena or Villa Park Powered By E.ON or any other stupid name if it brings in enough money for the club to be competitive in this league. Our stadium name is so ingrained that everyone fans and non-fans will call it Villa Park anyway..

Edited by Daweii

Id rather not and then find cheekier ways of finding a little extra money.

Id sponsor a couple of bricks or a step somewhere

£25 to sponsor a seat for the season for example is a little over a million pounds a year if you sold them all

what we gonna get for the stadium naming rights a couple of million a year tops?

Not for me.

If our name was already meaningless, like virtually every other club,I wouldnt care, but how many Clubs have their name in the Stadium name ?

North Stand and Ellis Stand, change them no problem, wouldn't be the first time.

• Like 1

Â