Uber

Stevo985

10 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Is uber still the done thing? Bored in London and need some transport tomorrow night to the brewdog bar.

if only there was some form of mass transit system in London :)

• Like 2

It's likely to be the cheapest taxi you can get, and being able to order it, track the journey and pay via your phone is pretty convenient.

Whether you want to support a company that insists drivers that can only be booked using Uber's app, have to obey Uber's rules, and that arrive in an Uber branded car are not actually Uber employees and so don't need to be paid at least the minimum wage, well, that's up to you.

If something is so much cheaper than any competitor, someone's probably getting ****.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Whether you want to support a company that insists drivers that can only be booked using Uber's app, have to obey Uber's rules, and that arrive in an Uber branded car are not actually Uber employees and so don't need to be paid at least the minimum wage, well, that's up to you.

If something is so much cheaper than any competitor, someone's probably getting ****.

On the rare occasions I catch one around brum, they can take whatever work they like (nor just jobs from Uber), they are about the same price as other minicabs and aren't usually branded. The car and driver are licensed by the council. The minimum wage thing and "obeying rules" applies to all minicabs.

I assume you'll be going to the Brewdog in Shepherd's Bush, so an Uber will be around a tenner. You could, however, take the moral high ground and get a black cab for pushing £30. It depends whether you think that the self congratulatory factor and a smug pat on your own back is worth paying an extra twenty quid.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 2

I paid £82 for a uber on Saturday. Ford galaxy from shoreditch to Kingsbury, with one stop. Surecharge was 1.6, times like that sometimes black cabs are cheaper.

mates a black cab driver and he says in brum if there's a 1.5 surecharge ur better off in a black cab as rate is obviously fixed. Worth keeping in mind over Xmas 

15 hours ago, villa_shere said:

I paid £82 for a uber on Saturday. Ford galaxy from shoreditch to Kingsbury, with one stop. Surecharge was 1.6, times like that sometimes black cabs are cheaper.

mates a black cab driver and he says in brum if there's a 1.5 surecharge ur better off in a black cab as rate is obviously fixed. Worth keeping in mind over Xmas 

I disagree with that.

I think you'd need a 3x surcharge for an Uber to be more than a black cab in my experience.

• 9 months later...
Â