Riccardo Calder

sexbelowsound

Been very impressive so far. Breaks up play well, keeps hold of the ball. Very mobile, strong. His passing game will improve over time.

It will be intresting to follow his development. Have a feeling we'll see him future quite a lot this season if he keeps up the preformances. Been our standout central midfielder so far.

Encouraging stuff - sounds like a big unit, not terribly skilled but dominant in midfield. Good, we need some presence. Especially if somebody like Westwood is there as he's easily bullied.

He was part of the team that won the Next GEN Series with Grealish and Robinson. He has played LB  for the U21 also. 

looks like he can dominate physically, which we need. we have been far too lightweight in recent years

He can also play too.

I'll take either scenario, though I'd lean toward some brute physicality in midfield.

He can do both.  :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ignorance alert. Must confess I know nothing about him. How long has he been at Villa? Is he a local lad? Impressed me tonight, definitely one to keep an eye on.

He's been at Villa since he was about 8 I think, he's coming on well and yes, he's a local lad

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That thread makes me happy. People are all agreeing and being positive. When was the last time that happened on VT?

There's always one:

Journeyman for me, couldn't cross the road. Miss decent crosses big time, Tosh Mckinlay last decent crosser we had.[/quote]

19 year old making his first senior appearance, described as a "journeyman" :D

• 1 month later...
Â