Niall Mason

penguin

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He's an excellent young player I think, it makes me think that we might bringing a centre back into the football club now that we have loaned out our best 2 young ones (Suliman and Mason)

What about Toner?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Ah yes, I forgot about him, I don't think he's as good as the other 2 but he is still very good

Suliman and Mason were not given squad numbers, but Toner was, or at least retained it from last season. So I think he's somewhere in Di Matteo's plans, whereas the other 2 aren't. I would like to think we're looking to bring another CB in anyway.

I hope Mason gets plenty of game time and shows his potential,

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

It sounds like he is doing quite well there, and has been playing mainly at left back for them. Doncaster are currenty top of their leaguge, so it is nice that he is playing in a winning environment and can hopefully gain promotion with them this season.

23 minutes ago, NeilS said:

It sounds like he is doing quite well there, and has been playing mainly at left back for them. Doncaster are currenty top of their leaguge, so it is nice that he is playing in a winning environment and can hopefully gain promotion with them this season.

How do you know that he's been playing at left back NeilS? I've only seen him in the u23s at centre back quite a few times and he's very good

21 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

How do you know that he's been playing at left back NeilS? I've only seen him in the u23s at centre back quite a few times and he's very good

I just googled his name after this topic came up to see how he was doing, and one of the articles that came up said that he had made LB position his own. (Although just double checking and it was The Star - See Below)

Star Article

40 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I just googled his name after this topic came up to see how he was doing, and one of the articles that came up said that he had made LB position his own. (Although just double checking and it was The Star - See Below)

Star Article

Thanks NeilS, I've only seen him at centre back and he's brilliant there. I think it's good to have versatility, particularly in the modern game. I've just seen an interview with his Dad and he says his best position is right back, I've never seen him play there, I don't think

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nial Mason has done the best of all the players we have loaned out but that is like being the tallest Dwarf.  The club has to make a judgement and this one could possibly come back to bite us but I don't think it will.  Hopefully He will have a career in the lower divisions but we want players who can play in the top division.

Hale, Abdo, Sellers and the like, soon to be joined by McKirdy, Cowans, Calder, Toner, Sulliman and several others can't clog up places in the reserves if they are not going to make our First Team. It is very hard but we have to free up spaces for the younger lads and they in turn have a couple of years to make an impact before the next generation will be snapping at their heels.

For all the criticism that the club get when releasing young players there are very few who prove the Club wrong.  I am not counting Cahill and Davies in this as they both made the first Team and were sold for a fee.  If I had to guess at a player who we released that we might regret it would be Jordan Graham but He needs to do a lot more before proving the Club wrong.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Noel said:

Nial Mason has done the best of all the players we have loaned out but that is like being the tallest Dwarf.  The club has to make a judgement and this one could possibly come back to bite us but I don't think it will.  Hopefully He will have a career in the lower divisions but we want players who can play in the top division.

Hale, Abdo, Sellers and the like, soon to be joined by McKirdy, Cowans, Calder, Toner, Sulliman and several others can't clog up places in the reserves if they are not going to make our First Team. It is very hard but we have to free up spaces for the younger lads and they in turn have a couple of years to make an impact before the next generation will be snapping at their heels.

For all the criticism that the club get when releasing young players there are very few who prove the Club wrong.  I am not counting Cahill and Davies in this as they both made the first Team and were sold for a fee.  If I had to guess at a player who we released that we might regret it would be Jordan Graham but He needs to do a lot more before proving the Club wrong.

I see where you're coming from but you don't think Suliman can make the first team? The club gave him a new contract a few months ago, I think they believe in him and I think it's warranted too

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Â