New Captain ?

dounavilla

Another one for Clark and he deserves it. It would slightly surprise me if Richards got it and it wouldn't be great management if he did IMHO.

• Like 2

This thread show exactly how far Clark has come in the last couple of years or so, routinely mocked for being substandard to fans favourite for captaincy.

Of course some would argue that it's more a reflection on how far we fallen as opposed how far Clark has risen.

This thread show exactly how far Clark has come in the last couple of years or so, routinely mocked for being substandard to fans favourite for captaincy.

Of course some would argue that it's more a reflection on how far we fallen as opposed how far Clark has risen.

In this case, it really isn't. Clark's really come on in the last year.

Clark is the obvious choice for me. Spirit, grit and determination in adundance. His improvement last season despite being ridiculed the season before displays the type of attitude we need around the club. Would be very surprised if he wasn't chosen. Has come up through the ranks too. Deserves it.

In this case, it really isn't. Clark's really come on in the last year.

Personally rated Clark for way longer than that (giving myself a gold star here for sticking up for him when he was getting dog's abuse) but his leadership ability and the way he commanded from the back was huge at times last season.

I'd be incredibly disappointed if he wasn't made captain next season*.

* - Unless the captaincy goes to Carles Gil, of course.

Richards seems to be doing a lot of interviews and Clark has mentioned that he brings a lot to training with his knowledge.. For me that is the club preparing him for the captaincy. But you never know. Wouldn't be disappointed if him or Clark got it

• Like 1

I think Clark is a popular choice because of him coming from the academy etc. and he would be a good captain but logically it probably should be Richards. The main problem with Clark is that I'm still not 100% he'd be first on the team sheet and, for me, that is the biggest factor in choosing a captain (goalkeeper aside).