New Captain ?

dounavilla

Agree, 100% Clark, he's a product of the club and has worked hard to become our best CB even when a lot of people were writing him off a couple of years ago. I like a captain either to be at CB or in the middle of midfield too and I think he can mature into a good leader.

• Like 1

Depending on who we sign I am not even sure that Clark will be first choice. If he is then he would certainly be in the running.

I think Sherwood will look to start a fresh though and go with Richards. A player that doesn't carry the scars of those that have been here and become used to losing. He has come from a club used to winning, is an international and is the right age and has the right level of experience. I'd imagine he would command the respect of the other lads.

Of course we may not even have signed our new captain yet.

Edited by markavfc40

Clark without a doubt

I wouldn't be too pleased if TS chose richards. Let him focus on becoming a 30+ games per season player first before asking anything else. New players in general should adapt to the team and/or league first.

Clark has been a captain at youth levels as well and still is one of the most verbal players on the pitch. He fully deserves to be captain.

Edited by AXD