33 members have voted

1. 1. best fast food

• subway
    • maccy Ds
    • KFC
    • fish and chips
    • indian ( not realy fast food but)
    • Pizza

The whole experience of going into a Subway just disgusts me. (and yes, I no longer go in, before you say "well don't go there"). Its made out to be some saviour of obese people everywhere, poor buggers, and marketed to them as some sort of cure for their weight problems. They are'nt very filling when stripped to the core, so people go for something that is very filling. I think there was a bit of research done into them by the Guardian or summat a few years back - the "sub of the day" weighed in at a hefty 800 calories or something. Now considering that 2500 is the daily guideline amount for a male adult, that's a sandwich Elvis would be proud of!

yeh but seeing as a big mac is 1,0000000,0000000,00000000,00000000,000000,000 calories it aint that bad is it

and just watch supersize me

dont say subway could do all that so quickly

Pff, I don't see Subway as 'fast food'. To me fast food is a burger or a deep fried fish or a pizza. Compared to that, a sandwich is gourmet, so Subway shouldn't even be an option !

Without sounding like a pedant, Subway is Fast Food. Its all pre-prepared and made on a conveyor belt, and follows a Fordist production technique, similar to other fast food restaurants. You can choose stuff, but its from a set list and not different from Burger King in that respect. So yes, it is Fast Food god-dammit! :twisted:

Further Reading: Fordism. Look it up on Wikipedia!

Hmmm in that respect a lot of restaurants and especially pub meals are pre-prepared and heated in busy times and you're picking from a set list (i.e. a menu). Soups etc are normally premade and reheated as necessary so in that case unless you watch your meals being prepared fully then they can all probably be classed as fast food.

Hmmm in that respect a lot of restaurants and especially pub meals are pre-prepared and heated in busy times and you're picking from a set list (i.e. a menu). Soups etc are normally premade and reheated as necessary so in that case unless you watch your meals being prepared fully then they can all probably be classed as fast food.

Very true. Wetherspoons pub meals are fast food - my brother worked in one and from what he told me went on in them, I'm steering well clear in the future! :shock:

I like mcdonalds. its not to say its all i eat, but it has its place. When your on the run. you finish work at 6 and due in the pub at 7? it works. Sitting down for your tea to a big mac? it doesnt. Indians the best, hands down but fast food itself? Pizza.

Without sounding like a pedant, Subway is Fast Food. Its all pre-prepared and made on a conveyor belt, and follows a Fordist production technique, similar to other fast food restaurants. You can choose stuff, but its from a set list and not different from Burger King in that respect. So yes, it is Fast Food god-dammit! :twisted:

Further Reading: Fordism. Look it up on Wikipedia!

they are making you a sandwich from the ingredients they have at hand, I ail to see how your criticism of Subway is valid to be honest, they ae only doing what any sandwich shop does in that respect, apart from the ones that pre-make the sarnies and wrap them up then bung em in the chiller cabinet. In that respect a custom ordered freshly made sandwich has to be non fordist.

Now if you want to criticise subway, just point out how shit their end product is, their staff smell of some unearthly smell (really they do), the salad comes pre packed in that nitrogen atmosphere that robs it of any vitamins. Now onto their shady business practices, did you know their franchises dont have area exclusivity, you buy a franchise off them and theres nothing to stop them opening another franchise at the other end of the street (or next door even), they tend to offer you the franchise first but if you refuse they will run it themselves and run you into the ground - shady bastards

The whole experience of going into a Subway just disgusts me. (and yes, I no longer go in, before you say "well don't go there"). Its made out to be some saviour of obese people everywhere, poor buggers, and marketed to them as some sort of cure for their weight problems. They are'nt very filling when stripped to the core, so people go for something that is very filling. I think there was a bit of research done into them by the Guardian or summat a few years back - the "sub of the day" weighed in at a hefty 800 calories or something. Now considering that 2500 is the daily guideline amount for a male adult, that's a sandwich Elvis would be proud of!

and what a sandwich :lol:

They're not really sandwiches though anyway...i suspect the 800 calories one was a big momma of a footlong!

it was the meatball footlong if i remember correctly and it has more calories than any other fast food meal according to the research anyway !!!

Hmmmm tasty :D

250px-Subway_BMT.jpg

Â