French newspaper L'Equipe report Amavi has been taken to the local Saint-Brieuc Hospital to be assessed.

His international coach Pierre Mankowski expressed worry for the former Nice left-back.

He said: "Our doctor and that of Guingamp are trying to look after him. According to the first information available that it would be a knee sprain. It is not yet known whether the ligament is ruptured. It's too early to say."

L'Equipe added that: "His cry echoed in the stadium of Roudourou... the images have raised fears of a consequent downtime."

Doubt its a sprain.. but that would be wonderful.

I fear a consequent downtime :(

This is really shit news. I love Amavi.

Wonder if Lewis Kinsella will be given a chance by Remi!!

Just typical that we lose one of our best players

Is that the youngest ever Galactico kid? the one who Real Madrid signed at 5 when he was on holiday with his parents, and we snapped up a while ago?

Wonder if Lewis Kinsella will be given a chance by Remi!!

Just typical that we lose one of our best players

Is that the youngest ever Galactico kid? the one who Real Madrid signed at 5 when he was on holiday with his parents, and we snapped up a while ago?

Nah, Kinsella was part of Arsenal's youth academy before he came here. You're thinking of Niall Mason, who got a few minutes in pre-season if I remember right. But Mason is a right back.

• Like 1

well we dont know the extent of his injury yet. I am resigned to losing him for 12 months. I just hope its not a really bad one where he comes back a different player. Kozak like.

**** it.i really am at the end ofmy **** rope. Just our luck. U21 nothing game too. At what point does a professional contract overide the romance of playing for country.

If i was paying Amavi to ply his trade with Villa, id be having a **** neltdown, and im having a meltdown, and i dont pay his wages

**** it

• Like 3

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â