Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Blinder? Agree with Benteke but not Delph. He should never have entered the last year of his contract. If he's called up for England you sign him up long term. We managed to get a decent fee probably due to his relationship with Lerner. I hope Amavi and Gueye have clauses of 30 million as well. You just never know how good they'll be

I hope Amavi and Gueye don't have any clauses. That's the ideal situation.

But if they do have clauses and that was what it took to get them to sign or their club to sell, then they are a good thing.

I don't understand a sell on clause, or a minimal fee if it benefits us.

As for this, it'll probably be a % on any profit we make. So not a big deal.

And, again, if the clause was the difference between us signing him or not signing him, then it's a good thing.

Yep!

Btw, for some reason Apple decided 'I don't mind' is 'I don't understand'

Reading about him, I start to wonder whether he might not be better suited to playing left wing in the future, seems like he has a lot of pace, skill and a good delivery. I know Bale started as a left back and was playing there at the same age so perhaps that's where Amavi's future lies. 

Amavi was born in Toulon, France on March 9, 1994 and decided to represent Les Bleus despite his part Togolese heritage through the birthplace of his father.

I'm pleased he decided not to turn out tor Togo. It can only be downhill from the Togolese Zidane.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

This may have been covered earlier but is he naturally right-footed?

In the video I watched he repeatedly tackled with his right when technically he should have used his left, he seemed to cut inside quite a bit and his crossing technique with his left looked more than a bit awkward.

He looks like a quality player though.

think i read somewhere he is two footed. You could be right.

Or left

Reading about him, I start to wonder whether he might not be better suited to playing left wing in the future, seems like he has a lot of pace, skill and a good delivery. I know Bale started as a left back and was playing there at the same age so perhaps that's where Amavi's future lies. 

You're not too wide of the mark, he definitely needs to improve on his defensive work but he's no Traore.

I think it's amazing we managed to sign him, he's a well respected talent and it's been a while since we beat teams to the punch.

Shame we didn't go to France for Payet too, good signing from West Ham. They'd have been lethal down the left.

We're now moving players before they've even kicked a ball for the club ;)

It is possible yes. But then wouldn't you say a modern full back needs those attributes anyway? He was number 1 in Europe last season for interceptions so it seems he has a bit of everything to his game.

• Like 1

We're now moving players before they've even kicked a ball for the club ;)

It is possible yes. But then wouldn't you say a modern full back needs those attributes anyway? He was number 1 in Europe last season for interceptions so it seems he has a bit of everything to his game.

I guess my point is that he might be too good for left back if it's truly the case that he's great at beating players and delivering the ball. But I guess we will shortly find out!

• Like 1

I love the words he has said about want to take photos and sign. He also says how important the fans are. Class act. Welcome Amavi! We need a song for him.

How about this for a chant for the lad

Is this the way to Amavi-ello
Every night I've been huggin' my pillow
Dreaming dreams of Amavi-ello
And sweet Marie who waits for me
Show me the way to Amavi-ello
I've been weeping like a willow
Crying over Amavi-ello
And sweet Marie who waits for me

Sha la la lala lalala
Sha la la lala lalala
Sha la la lala lalala