Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Sell on clauses are very common now. Especially with the likes of man city and others spending obscene amounts. If City bid 70m for him in 4 years, they'd want a piece of that, of course.

It's release clauses I don't want to see

Sell on clauses are very common now. Especially with the likes of man city and others spending obscene amounts. If City bid 70m for him in 4 years, they'd want a piece of that, of course.

It's release clauses I don't want to see

I think Collymore made a great point in his interview recenrly. Release clauses are there to deter potential bidders & protect the clubs interest. Liverpool wouldn't of ever gone close to 30m if there wasn't a clause, it's benefitted us massively. They bid 20m with no clause, we reject, Beneke forces a move...we maybe get 25m.

The Delph clause on the other hand...let's not go there.

• Like 1

I don't understand a sell on clause, or a minimal fee if it benefits us.

As for this, it'll probably be a % on any profit we make. So not a big deal.

And, again, if the clause was the difference between us signing him or not signing him, then it's a good thing.

Two hugely exciting signings already!  And I'm genuinely intrigued to see if Richards can become the monster he's always threatened to be.

My own twitch of concern is the disparity between our best and worst players.  The quality of an Amavi, Gil or Gueye next to an Agbonlahor, Hutton, Bacuna etc seems quite lopsided.  I don't see how certain players will be improved within a stronger team of players, unlike say Westwood or Okore.  Another reason I believe we will bring quite a few more in.

I think Collymore made a great point in his interview recenrly. Release clauses are there to deter potential bidders & protect the clubs interest. Liverpool wouldn't of ever gone close to 30m if there wasn't a clause, it's benefitted us massively. They bid 20m with no clause, we reject, Beneke forces a move...we maybe get 25m.

The Delph clause benefited us to the tune of £8m.

He was all set to leave on a free before signing that contract.

• Like 1

How are people still not getting this? 

• Like 1

How are people still not getting this? 

Exactly. Literally got £40.5m rather than say £25m for Benteke without the release clause bargaining chip...

Villa have played an absolute blinder with these two and everyone involved deserves credit.

• Like 1

Blinder? Agree with Benteke but not Delph. He should never have entered the last year of his contract. If he's called up for England you sign him up long term. We managed to get a decent fee probably due to his relationship with Lerner. I hope Amavi and Gueye have clauses of 30 million as well. You just never know how good they'll be

This may have been covered earlier but is he naturally right-footed?

In the video I watched he repeatedly tackled with his right when technically he should have used his left, he seemed to cut inside quite a bit and his crossing technique with his left looked more than a bit awkward.

He looks like a quality player though.

This may have been covered earlier but is he naturally right-footed?

In the video I watched he repeatedly tackled with his right when technically he should have used his left, he seemed to cut inside quite a bit and his crossing technique with his left looked more than a bit awkward.

He looks like a quality player though.

think i read somewhere he is two footed. You could be right.

Â