Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

If we added another 3 or 4 £10m rated players we'd be in such a strong position. I don't think it would actually cost all that much to make us a decent top 8-10 team. 

Is that in addition to Benteke and Delph?

Yesh, unlikely if Randy remains in charge though :(

Agreed.  :angry:

If we added another 3 or 4 £10m rated players we'd be in such a strong position. I don't think it would actually cost all that much to make us a decent top 8-10 team. 

This is going to sound very rash based on probably 2-3 weeks but if they were to leave I am pretty confident we will replace them. We seem to have finally got decent scouts/scouting network abroad.

I'm also not 100% sure on this but regarding a release clause I think it has to be paid upfront in full i.e no installments which could give us more to spend if they leave (I could be wrong)

My fear was we spend £9m on the likes of Huddlestone but we have done the complete opposite and something that I wanted, i.e look abroad for better value for money and on paper better players therefore I am optimistic going forward.

Relating back to this topic, I hope this one comes off.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Yesh, unlikely if Randy remains in charge though :(

Agreed.  :angry:

Lerner's no longer involved according to previous reports that he was giving up the Chairman role. Maybe these signings are parting gifts?

This is going to sound very rash based on probably 2-3 weeks but if they were to leave I am pretty confident we will replace them. We seem to have finally got decent scouts/scouting network abroad.

I'm also not 100% sure on this but regarding a release clause I think it has to be paid upfront in full i.e no installments which could give us more to spend if they leave (I could be wrong)

My fear was we spend £9m on the likes of Huddlestone but we have done the complete opposite and something that I wanted, i.e look abroad for better value for money and on paper better players therefore I am optimistic going forward.

Whilst it is good to be linked to different players, it can be blown out of proportion. I would the majority of us haven't seen these links play and so don't know if better really than the likes of huddlestone.

Also it can take players from other leagues time to settle into the style of the prem. It takes a good manager to get the right mix of players in to get the ground running, so in my eyes we shouldn't dismiss the idea of signing from England and abroad.(not saying you've said that)

Hopefully this player is as good as people say, god knows we need a good lb.

I understand the defender cause we need those, but the attacking midfielder? Aren't we in for Gueye? I mean unless Sherwood really doesn't rate Grealish then I don't see why we need more than Gueye, Grealish, Gil and N'Zogbia in that role..

Because he is a better attacking midfielder than what we have, some posters here make me laugh.

I understand the defender cause we need those, but the attacking midfielder? Aren't we in for Gueye? I mean unless Sherwood really doesn't rate Grealish then I don't see why we need more than Gueye, Grealish, Gil and N'Zogbia in that role..

Because he is a better attacking midfielder than what we have, some posters here make me laugh.

Answered your own question there pal, I'm better than Nzogbia. 

I'd be shocked if we got Amavi, though for the reported price it surprises me less.

As we saw with Murillo top quality youngsters can go for less but you need to be a huge club so they force a move, we'll probably have to overpay when other big clubs are after our targets.

Would be a super player to get though, he's bloody rapid, he's skillful and his playstyle naturally pushes the opposition back, we're also desperate for a left back and as I said last year with Bertrand, sometimes we should spend properly on one player and not spend bits and wages on cheap alternatives.

Sherwood has really impressed me this window and it's nice to see a Villa manager looking abroad at the real European talent and saying yup, I won't buy 2 gamble on 2 £3-5million signings because this one guy can do it.

Yep.

I've never seen him play, but I assume he's better than n'Zogbia, it would be hard not to be.

And it's clear Gil isn't in Sherwood's plans, so I think we're definitely in need of an attacking midfielder, especially if we carry on playing two number 10s

Yep. I feel so relaxed right now. Hoping this deal comes off too... we have missed having a good left back!!!

Gueye is a defensive midfielder who can on occasion go box to box, but primarily sits in front of the defence and play the ball forward. He's more like Delph than Grealish. And if Sherwood is looking at 3 at the back then Gueye and Sanchez would be amazing in front of a back 3 allowing Grealish or Sinclair to push on.

• Like 1

Amavi is one player that I would give my mortgage for, he is amazing, I've said before that this guy should be playing for top teams, he will be the next Ashley Cole....

Remember where you heard it first.

Gueye is a defensive midfielder who can on occasion go box to box, but primarily sits in front of the defence and play the ball forward. He's more like Delph than Grealish. And if Sherwood is looking at 3 at the back then Gueye and Sanchez would be amazing in front of a back 3 allowing Grealish or Sinclair to push on.

I agree...even if we go with a back 4 I'd still have Sanchez/Gueye in front of the defenders with Delph/Gealish/Sinclair in front of them

I agree...even if we go with a back 4 I'd still have Sanchez/Gueye in front of the defenders with Delph/Gealish/Sinclair in front of them

Missing the point as Delph won't be there come the start of the season.

And what makes you think that?

Do you honestly think Delph will be here next season???

Do you honestly think Delph will be here next season???
Yes i do, i believe the £8/10 million clause if it exists would only have been applicable if we got relegated, which we didn't so i don't believe we have anything to worry about this summer. Just my opinion though although I'm sure there are several who think the same as me.
  • Like 1

You his agent? you seem to know more than the press sherwood Wilkins and the tea lady

Â