Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Amavi has been thrown around from winger, to wing back to left back. At wing back he doesn't have a clue where he needs to be. Bree struggled a lot yesterday as well. These two could be top full backs for us in the right team and system but we have no clue what we are doing.

• Like 2

On 18/04/2017 at 22:34, AndyM3000 said:

Amavi has been thrown around from winger, to wing back to left back. At wing back he doesn't have a clue where he needs to be. Bree struggled a lot yesterday as well. These two could be top full backs for us in the right team and system but we have no clue what we are doing.

The most obvious argument here would be "yes, and he has been shit in all of those positions". Ijs.

• Like 2

I really want to like him and see him succeed, especially after his injury and initial tidy start when he first joined  but he makes so many simple mistakes that have nothing to do with the injury or the prospect of a tooth tackle coming in. There are obviously signs there's a quality player in there but if he can't keep his concentration and push on from when he arrived then where do we go. 

I could see us selling him on and him coming good as we can forget how young he is, however, I could see him just sinking into mediocrity and coasting in the lower half of the French league for the rest of his career too. 

Hopefully a full pre-season and the competition with Taylor will make him focus and push on but if a good monetary offer was to come in, I'd probably take it as the phrase that comes to mind is stagnation. Hope he proves me wrong as he was the signing I was most looking forward to when he arrived. 

• Like 1

Taylor has the position sewn up. It isn't even a competition. Even before the injury, Amavi wasn't as good as Taylor has been.

However, I actually rate Amavi and think his best position is on the wing. When everyone was bigging him up a while back it was for his attacking attributes not his defensive abilities. I would have him in the starting XI without doubt, he'd take Grealish's current position. Going forward he offers more, certainly has more pace and yet will put in a shift defensively if needed. I think him and Taylor would work well on that left side.

But as a left back? No, he's not strong or focused enough for that role. I'd only play him there against Blackburn...

He had a difficult injury, probably playing a little to cautious, just like Shaw at Man united. I think both will come good next season, even if it is not at the club they are at right now. Yes, I think Bruce will sell him, even if I don't want it to happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently signed for a new agent. Perhaps this'll mean him looking to leave. Had high hopes from last season, but hasn't impressed this term. Maybe still not 100% from the injury, more mentally than anything so could improve, I just don't see it being here 

Edited by mikeyp102

At left mid he has potential to be a good player. At left back, I am not certain, but it's nice to have him for cover. Unless we are getting around 15m, it seems silly to sell. He could easily become a rob brady type player. 

Edited by Czechlad

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him move on this summer. It is a shame as we expected much more from him. He's been found out too many times defensively and hasn't had the impact going forward that his early premier league form promised. I like him as a player and would want him to stay, he still has a lot of developing to do so he'd be behind Taylor at LB. if he was to be converted into a LM then I think that could work. It would take time to see results though I expect. 

Â