Squad Numbers 2015/6

TRS-T

I absolutely do not care about most of them. I imagine if Amavi wanted 3 he could have had it. He didn't, so Bennett took it. It doesn't mean a thing in the short or long term.

Of course, if a player isn't given a number at all, it's game over. Even the bomb squad were given numbers!

Everyone from the 2014/5 squad who is still in this year's squad has retained the same number, so there are really no interesting stories based on the numbers people have been given.

As some others have identified, the big story here is no squad number for Tonev.

So what does the future hold for him?

Edited by briny_ear

Everyone from the 2014/5 squad who is still in this year's squad has retained the same number, so there are really no interesting stories based on the numbers people have been given.

As some others have identified, the big story here is no squad number for Tonev.

So what does the future hold for him?

a shirt with no number on
  • Like 3

Do you even technically have to register the yoof at all. I'm under the impression if Timothy would like to give Calder a run out at some point he can just give him a number and do it. It's only the 25 that need to be handed in.

There are a few players on there I think we should be looking to offload, but in all honesty they can stick around for another season until there contracts are up (eg. Cole, Senderos, N'Zogbia).

28 senior players. Tonev definitely off. If I had to pick out 2 others I'd wager Steer and Donacien, possibly on loan but sold if we can find a buyer

Do you even technically have to register the yoof at all. I'm under the impression if Timothy would like to give Calder a run out at some point he can just give him a number and do it. It's only the 25 that need to be handed in.

Yeah pretty sure you're right there. As long as the number isn't registered in the 25 man squad you can just hand it to anyone and give them a run out

• Like 1

Yeah pretty sure you're right there. As long as the number isn't registered in the 25 man squad you can just hand it to anyone and give them a run out

you are right. Just interesting who got numbers and who didnt from the nippers unless he's just let the ones who made the first team keep their old numbers

Donacien was 21 at the turn of the year so if he's going to play in the premier league he'd need to be registered this year

Fair enough. I thought he was younger than that

you are right. Just interesting who got numbers and who didnt from the nippers unless he's just let the ones who made the first team keep their old numbers

That's true for all the youngsters bar 2. One of them was Seigrist, who was given 33 at some point in the season but is now out injured for most the year so I'd imagine that's why he has no squad number. The other one is Calder, surprisingly as he looked promising in preseason. But he had 39 and I'd imagine he wasn't too attached to that number, and Gestede clearly wanted it. Maybe he'll be given a lower number at some point in the season if he brakes through.

• Like 1

I'm reasonably happy with that squad, we could do with 1 or 2 more but compared to recent seasons, i think we are in decent shape. I think it's great news that youngsters rushian hepburn murphy and andre green have kept their squad numbers for the new season, they both made great progress last year, let's hope they continue in the same manner

Glad to see Amavi and Crespo have numbers ending in 3 and Ayew and Gestede have numbers ending in 9.

Hopefully we no longer to see defenders wearing 17 or forwards wearing 12 etc.

Â