Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

which bit?

the bit about him being worse than reo coker or about him being inconsistent? because i'll stand by both

Both.

Reo-coker was a disgusting footballer. One of the worst Villa players ever.

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I disagree, but to each his own.

I was never a Reo-Coker fan........... but he had something to offer.......... Gana, well, hes just shit........... 

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

When Gueye signed he even said in his interview he sees us as a stepping stone to a bigger club, so based on that once we're relegated his agent will be orchestrating a move pronto.

Wouldn't be surprising at all. 4th best tackler, 3rd best interceptor in the top European leagues = far too good for the champo. 

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

In my opinion, if you don't rate Gana then you really do not understand football. He's one of a small number of players that I really wouldn't like to see leave. 

let's not do this again. He reads the play very well defensively. Unfortunately that is only one aspect of football among a myriad others he has been average or poor at this season.

• Like 1

It's his main job and he's good at it, despite the fact that he is largely surrounded by shite. 

Giving this guy grief is utterly baffling considering he's been a damn sight better than just about everyone else in the side. 

He's a decent player, has some good qualities, such as intercepting the ball and winning the ball, he's also a good athlete, but then his work with the ball often leaves a lot to be desired.

He has been OK at best for me this season, probably our second best signing behind Ayew, but for me does not represent good value for money based on his performances. 

What I would say is that if he was to stay next season then he'd be an extremely important player for us and a 'top' Championship player, however I see little to no chance of him staying based on his comments when he joined us. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Not up to Delphs standard though it took Delph 5/6 years to get to that

I think he is a good player as is Ayew as is Veretout my issue is that the combination of them altogether has not worked as it was too little experience not only in this league but in general footballing  terms ( they are all young players ).The building of the squad is the problem more than the individual players. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lexicon said:

In my opinion, if you don't rate Gana then you really do not understand football. He's one of a small number of players that I really wouldn't like to see leave. 

Brilliant. 

They used to say this about westwood. 

Brilliant. 

They used to say this about westwood. 

I don't recall Westwood topping any league statistics tables, except maybe for crabbing [emoji1]

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Ashley Westwooditis

Not at all - there are no facts or statistics to add to that argument, for one thing. I've said many times that Westwood isn't worthy of a starting spot because he doesn't contribute in either defence or attack - Gana contributes a hell of a lot on the defensive side of things but this seems to go unnoticed by people because of how poor our CBs and FBs have been. 

Â