Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

He’s a piece of shit. Should be sacked, contract voided and told to **** off. It’s about time for heavy handedness on this crap now. It’s past education. It’s just hatred.

This stuff along with racism just shouldn’t be excused as ‘differing opinions’ that the rest of us just need to accept and move on from. It needs hardline action and people/society/companies/organisations etc need to decide which side of history they want to be on. 

40 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

He’s a piece of shit. Should be sacked, contract voided and told to **** off. It’s about time for heavy handedness on this crap now. It’s past education. It’s just hatred.

This stuff along with racism just shouldn’t be excused as ‘differing opinions’ that the rest of us just need to accept and move on from. It needs hardline action and people/society/companies/organisations etc need to decide which side of history they want to be on. 

I agree, but FIFA/UEFA won't want to poke that particular religious hornets nest too much. 

14 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Like several other footballers who have refused to wear something or show respect to a cause they hate I fully support his right to not wear anything.

I also fully support my right to think he is a complete asshat and to boo him if I ever am unlucky enough see him on the pitch again.

Free speech cuts both ways.

100%

Another thing that bugs me is that this is being framed as “promoting homosexuality” which is BS. It’s about standing up to anti-LGBT+ violence - Gueye isn’t the victim here. It’s so damaging and hurts queer and LGBT Muslims too. People just want to live their lives in safety and they try to impose it on others. It’s very sad that so many are jumping to his defence. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 20/08/2023 at 16:45, JPJCB said:

How is he not begging for a move to Saudi?! Surely it would be a dream ticket for him 

He could probably ask for and be given some homosexuals to abuse in a custom built basement as part of his package. And no one would think anything strange about it. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â