Nicolai Boilesen

Jesperchr

Interesting link, I'm glad we still seem to be scouting Europe, if we can mix good talent from there with solid PL players we should do well. He looks quite skinny but comfortable going forward and obviously has good pedigree coming through Ajax.

Whenever I watch Ajax play he seems to be playing every outfield position other than left back. Good player going forward though, I could see him fitting in well in the wingback role if we're going with three centre backs.

I can't say I'm a fan. Injury prone and iffy defender. He was dinstinctly the worst player in their side whenever I saw them. Ajax fans were quite vocal against his appointment as captain I believe. I'm not saying he won't improve but left-back is our biggest priority position in my opinion, we should be doing better.

i always buy him for Football Manager and he does ok, which clearly means we should sign him

My first ever signing for Villa on this years FM. Did alright for me too.

He is in the "winner" mould which ticks Sherwoods list.

As a Dane, who watches a lot of Ajax games as well, I must say I am very surprised of this rumour. He was highly rated, but the injuries really have made him a bad player. He is terrible in defending and only okay attacking. The worst player on both the national team and in the Ajax starting-lineup.

As someone else mentioned Ludwig Augustinsson is way more interesting if you look on the Danish market. He will become a top quality left back.

However, Boilesen allegedly has been chased by Sevilla and Atletico Madrid this summer, so there are others that rate him, and if the injuries stop, then he might end up being a decent left back, but for me Robertson or Mings sounds much better.

By the way, the source is reliable so there is a big chance we are in for him.

Edited by ghihl
  • Like 1

He water do really well in this steam. 

And if he's injured a lot at least we can get some condensation money.

Sorry.

Sometimes sorry isn't good enough.

• Like 1

He water do really well in this steam. 

And if he's injured a lot at least we can get some condensation money.

Sorry.

Sometimes sorry isn't good enough.

I'll take that as a warming.

(it's taken me about 7 minutes to think of that)

• Like 1

Thank goodness we're strongly linked with a left back, I was getting worried. Right on the last day of the window too!

Really really wish we'd just go for Willems instead. Same league and all. He's surely a better option? PSV would probably be asking 5x what Ajax want though I guess.

All you guys who seem to know him (except the FM ones) do you think there's a realistic chance he can still reignite his career? Like Delph? I mean if he's had injuries and set backs then he might never be the same player, but if he had as much potential as some make out then surely a full season injury free could see him develop a lot?

'If you actually buy Boilesen, you'll have secured relegation'

'He was talented at one point of his carreer, then got injured but he still thinks he's even half the talent he used to be. He's **** dire and so is his attitude'

Both from Ajax fans..

Â