Ray Wilkins

midian

Maybe with a view to Tango being a Club sponsor in the near future... :detect:

'Yes Ralph...'

Welcome Ray... I shook his hand once when he was QPR manager in the 95/96 season. I said I hoped that his club stayed up... before watching us romp to a 4-2 win, and then later, the 'Oops got relegated... Seems like a good, easy to talk to guy...

Sherwood and Wilkins - good cop, bad cop... B)

Important bit of that for me is Wilkins saying this...

"They've got a good squad, but they can work a lot better and a lot harder".

I'm assuming he's not seen us train, so that may be some info that Sherwood has fed him. We've often thought the players don't train hard enough, (Keane said it too), so hopefully that ends now.

Ancelotti's Chelsea seemed to go to pot a few years back when he left his role there.  Could be coincidence but could show what a good assistant he is.

Great news IMO.

Excellent appointment. All positive moves by Sherwood and the club this summer so far 

Not forgetting Fox's input.

Hand on heart, if I could have hand picked a Number 2 it would have been Wilkins.delighted.

Exactly how I feel.

But when he asked where Villa should be he said Top 10 (admit he said quite comfortable).

I seem to remember Houllier getting lots of stick for saying that.

Good Appointment.  From what I have heard about Wilkins he takes an interest in the whole playing staff so it is also a good appointment for our youth development as well.

Â