Who will be better Gabby or Luke ?

CVByrne

Who will be the better player in years to come?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the better player in years to come?

• Gabriel Agbonlahor
    • Luke Moore

Gabby is over-rated, a lot of times last season he struggled when he came up against a half decent left back and very rarely beat them and delievered any good crosses

Well, thank Christ he's a striker not a winger then.

Exactly what I thought. When he played as a striker he didn't need those skills and turned a lot better. And pretty lethal.

I voted Moore, but its hard to say... they are very good in different ways IMO. Gabby=pace, but i think Moore is the better footballer. Very open and also depending on injuries etc. If Gabby gets an injury that slows him down he will be average me thinks...

Gabby is far superior to Moore!

In your opinion.

And probably MON's.

Quite possibly. Although Moore started every game until his injury and then was back in the side at the end of the season when he had recovered.

It will be very interesting this season to see who gets the nod.

Luke

When Gabby learns to dribble,pass and cross he will be better.

Same could be said of Michael Owen. He seemed to do ok. I think the two of them have a great deal in common when it comes to phtsical attributes at this age.

I chose Gabby as the better of the two. The goals he scored at the end of last season really impressed me. The calmness he had when one on one you cannot buy. The problem is I really like the look of Moore too, but I do not get the same wow factor from him.

both are quality, providing they play up front. Gabby should not be let near the wing again in a 442 or a 433/451, he is an out and out striker who has to play down the middle; he is useless on the wing , where MON persisted in playing him last year, despite abject performances

I went for Luke, purely because he looked like scoring even when coming off the bench for 10 mins at the end of a game, id say hes the perfect poacher to play that role. Obviously I reckon he deserves starting and getting a fair crack of the whip, but give him a couple of years of regular football and he could take the game away from tiring defences. However I'd say Gabby stands more chance to become a better player due to such good backing from both MON and Psycho. But then again, look at how Vassell has turned out....

That means Luke edges it for me

I like both, but I prefer Luke.

I'm hoping he will play a bigger role this season than he did after he returned from injury. He is the best finisher we have at the club and imo, has the potential to develop into the 20 goal man we are lacking.

I think Gabby will be a better forward for Villa. BUT I think Luke has more talent to be a true goal scorer, hence why I think Luke should be given a shot to prove himself.

Yes Gabby is faster, yes he had a better season, yes I love the kid to bits. BUT,

There is more scoring potential in Luke. He just has the eye for goal. I think if given the shot up front this season he'll do very well, the kid has talent and I think it'll show. Thats why I'm so against the signing of Defoe or anyone else, I think Moore deserves the chance to show what he can do, and I think he will.

Go on Luke, bank in 10 or 12.

......who was better John lennon or Paul mcCartney........ one complimented the other and they both played on the same side.....IMO not a relevant comparison.

Â