6. Mortimer

7. Platt

8. Little

9. Yorke

10. Cowans

11. Morley

2. Charles? GARY Charles? Seriously?

Very poor player.

Have to disagree, maybe not the greatest but far from the worst right back we've had

1. Bosnich

2. Charles

3. Staunton

4. Mellberg

5. McGrath

6. Mortimer

7. Platt

8. Little

9. Yorke

10. Cowans

11. Morley

Very poor player.

Have to disagree, maybe not the greatest but far from the worst right back we've had

I liked Gary Charles maybe because I wasnt that old and we were winning games and he was good going forward

If watched when older I might have a different opinion and im sure he a better right back than Cuellar, NRC or Habib Beye :P

1. Bosnich

2. Charles

3. Staunton

4. Mellberg

5. McGrath

6. Mortimer

7. Platt

8. Little

9. Yorke

10. Cowans

11. Morley

Very poor player.

I liked Gary Charles maybe because I wasnt that old and we were winning games and he was good going forward

If watched when older I might have a different opinion and im sure he a better right back than Cuellar, NRC or Habib Beye [emoji14]

He was OK-ish going forward, terrible as a defender. Maybe I was spoiled having been seen John Gidman who could do both. Edited by mjmooney

We've surely had better number 11s than gabby?

Since squad numbers were introduced in 93/94 our number 11 shirt has been worn by:

Tony Daley (1993/94)

Andy Townsend (1994-96)

Stan Collymore (1997/98)

Alan Thompson (1998-2000)

Steve Staunton (2000-03)

Nobby Solano (2003-05)

James Milner (2005/06)

Stan Petrov (2006/07 - he changed to number 19 the following season, Ridgewell was number 19 in 2006/07)

Gabby Agbonlahor (2007-2015)

Would put all them bar Thompson above gabby.

This is all about opinions and every one of us know who we prefer. Those of us that have been watching Villa for a very long time have a wider range of players to choose from. Charles would not have been my choice but he was a contender I was also spoilt by having seen John Gidman grace the Villa Park turf what a player! 

Edited by John

Unless Gabby starts the tactics truck is no way he is worse than Townsend, dont care how good he was as a player ;)

Different types of players and we all have our own opinions but Townsend was a very good player and that has to be taken into account! 

Townsend captained the side to a League Cup win, and was man of the match in that final. He's one of the best midfielder we've had in the Prem era for me. 

Gary Charles was probably the weak link in that side for me. Not a great player by any means. I'd not slag him off, as he wasn't awful, but we've certainly had many a better right back.

1. Bosnich

2. Charles

3. Staunton

4. Mellberg

5. McGrath

6. Mortimer

7. Platt

8. Little

9. Yorke

10. Cowans

11. Morley

Very poor player.

If watched when older I might have a different opinion and im sure he a better right back than Cuellar, NRC or Habib Beye [emoji14]

He was OK-ish going forward, terrible as a defender. Maybe I was spoiled having been seen John Gidman who could do both.

Haha, well, I have fond memories of Gary Charles! At least he won something with us! Maybe my hole filled brain is inventing him being really good...

No Gary Shaw in anybody's team, surprised by that, been given his short career.

Love him to bits.

Me too, he wore number 8 though right? So I stick with Little.

He did.

I'm not able to give my full list. It would probably change every week for some numbers, like 8.

Hadnt spotted this thread till now, what a nice pleasant, non argumentative read !

For me it is ;

1.  Rimmer

2.  Gidman

3.  Aitken (my first autograph !)

4.  Evans

5.  Mcgrath

6.  Mortimer

7.  Bremner

8.  Little

9.  Gray

10 Cowans

11.Morley

Subs ;

Bruce Rioch , Leighton Phillips (who I thought was pretty crap at first but grew into a brilliant sweeper style central defender IMO), David Platt,  Gary Shaw, Chico Hamilton

No Gary Shaw in anybody's team, surprised by that, been given his short career.

Very underrated iMO

One of the best players.....not to be caught in possession

Referrring to my self doubts above, Little definitely was better than any these days.

Edit....better not go there else Ill just end up relisting them all again.

Change that to Little was the most exciting.

Edited by terrytini

Hadnt spotted this thread till now, what a nice pleasant, non argumentative read !

For me it is ;

1.  Rimmer

2.  Gidman

3.  Aitken (my first autograph !)

4.  Evans

5.  Mcgrath

6.  Mortimer

7.  Bremner

8.  Little

9.  Gray

10 Cowans

11.Morley

Subs ;

Bruce Rioch , Leighton Phillips (who I thought was pretty crap at first but grew into a brilliant sweeper style central defender IMO), David Platt,  Gary Shaw, Chico Hamilton

What a great shout....but no Dwight Yorke.

I know.....you can't pick the all.

Â