Andros Townsend

Guest av1

He would be an improvement on what we have. However, for the 12-15m it will take to get him here I would have thought we could find something a lot better if we looked abroad.

He is fast and direct, but in footballing terms, he is as thick as pig shit

5-10 million is a fair price in todays market when you look at recent trasfer fees like Dele Alli and Ross McCormack going in that price range

Not really the same calibre of players though. Neither has played at the top level before, so I'd say Townsend would go for more.

5-10 million is a fair price in todays market when you look at recent trasfer fees like Dele Alli and Ross McCormack going in that price range

Not really the same calibre of players though. Neither has played at the top level before, so I'd say Townsend would go for more.

I agree but I could see some people moaning if we were to get him in that price range saying its too much

• Like 1

Great, linked to another overpriced, massively over-hyped British player and he plays for Spurs no less so you know we'll get the better end of that deal  <_<

Buying British, spending far too much money doing so and creating a team of one-dimensional players with no Plan B. Haven't seen this before. I hope Sherwood surprises us because I'm sick of this approach. It doesn't work.

We have that approach before. it got us to 6th in the league  ;)

Agreed, but that was by a coach with much more experience and who worked under arguably the greatest man-management... manager in the game.

Also, as it proved, it was unsustainable and got us into a lot of financial trouble that has taken years to fix. I don't want us making the same mistakes again, not that we necessarily will. I'm not in all seriousness being over-dramatic and saying signing Townsend will be indicative of this necessarily, I just don't think he's the sort of signing we should be making and I don't want this to be the approach Sherwood takes.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

much better than what we have in Sinclair and Nzogbia and thats what squad building should be. signing improvements

Agree with that. Talk of only bidding £5 mil for him is rediculous. Like Delph he's a current England international and if some team offered only 5 mil for him we would be insulted.

As others have said, their situations are completely different. Delph has just signed a new deal, his stock is on the rise and we see him as one of the first names on the team sheet.

Townsend was hyped up a few years ago but hasn't done a great deal since, isn't wanted by Spurs and am I right in saying he has one year left in his contract?

If Delph was in Townsend's situation, but playing for us (in some strange universe where we're the higher placed team and Spurs were signing our rejects), then you can be sure as shit that Levy wouldn't be starting bidding at £10m. He'd be offering us a stupidly low fee, resulting in the player kicking up a fuss and they'd probably end up getting the player for £7m or £8m. (Which, funnily enough, was the price that Man Utd were rumoured to want for Cleverley, an English international with one year left on his deal, unwanted by his club).

We shouldn't start by bidding a reasonable price that the other team WANT to accept, that's not the way it works. Whether you think it's 'rediculous' or not.

• Like 2

I think he would be a good signing tbh. Would definitely be an improvement on what we have. Just not sure how he'd fit in cos we don't really play with wingers and it sounds like we're going to start playing with 5 at the back.

Better than anything we have in the team for that position. Not sure the level some of our fans think we should be looking at but for me this is the best of it

Messi and Ronaldo

that not too much to ask ;)

To everyone who thinks that Townsend is the saviour! How much do you think he'll want to come to villa? 60-70-80 thousand a week??? Again another player who will command a large weekly wage. Get rid of nzogbia and his 50k a week and get about her liability who will want more. Sounds like great business......not!!!!

Since when does a player who starts less than 1/3rd of his clubs games become a good signing for us????? In my opinion given a full pre season I reckon Sinclair will be a far better player and somebody who won't need bedding into the side either

To everyone who thinks that Townsend is the saviour! How much do you think he'll want to come to villa? 60-70-80 thousand a week??? Again another player who will command a large weekly wage. Get rid of nzogbia and his 50k a week and get about her liability who will want more. Sounds like great business......not!!!!

Since when does a player who starts less than 1/3rd of his clubs games become a good signing for us????? In my opinion given a full pre season I reckon Sinclair will be a far better player and somebody who won't need bedding into the side either

Only 1 person has said townsend would be the saviour. Have a guess who that was 

gaz711

;)

• Like 1

I also love the fact you moan that Townsend hasnt played enough games for Spurs to be a good signing and then next sentence im SInclair is a better option :lol:

You need to read again I asked since when does he become a good signing if he's only played 1/3rd of the games. It's a question to all those Townsend lovers, imo Sinclair is a better player full stop

Townsend will be excellent for us. Exciting player who blazes past players and shoots. Yes he can miss but so does every other player who shoots from distance. We do not have 1 player who has his level of skill.

Townsend will be excellent for us. Exciting player who blazes past players and shoots. Yes he can miss but so does every other player who shoots from distance. We do not have 1 player who has his level of skill.

Tonev?

Â