Andros Townsend

Guest av1

We should offer £3m, then have Sherwood talk to press, saying that anyone who bids more than £6m for him is a fakkin mug, and that people need to start playing Spurs at their own game.

....But then we'll probably get outbid by Swansea or Bournemouth.

He would be an improvement on what we have. Just because he is seen as not good enough for a top 6 team doesn't mean he's not good enough for us! He would improve us no doubt.

• Like 2

Townsend is a one trick wonder, pacey but can't cross we'd be better off using Sinclair in that role and bolstering the midfield with some one like Alexander Meier

He's a head-down, charge and shoot winger, of which England tends to produce too many.

The ability to cross the ball should be the prerequisite of a winger - bring back Ray Graydon!

He's 67, not really an option.

much better than what we have in Sinclair and Nzogbia and thats what squad building should be. signing improvements

Agree with that. Talk of only bidding £5 mil for him is rediculous.  Like Delph he's a current England international and if some team offered only 5 mil for him we would be insulted. 

much better than what we have in Sinclair and Nzogbia and thats what squad building should be. signing improvements

Agree with that. Talk of only bidding £5 mil for him is rediculous.  Like Delph he's a current England international and if some team offered only 5 mil for him we would be insulted. 

Townsend is also unwanted by his club and started less than a dozen games last season, the situation isn't exactly the same. 

• Like 1

To be honest the talk of how much he'd cost etc doesn't really bother me, it's up to Sherwood to justify to the board that's he's worth the potential fee and wages. Irrespective of that the question becomes that if we signed him would he be better than what we already have in his position? In my mind he's a vast improvement. Sure he's not the perfect player but frankly if he were he wouldn't be linked with the worst placed team to stay up last season.

• Like 2

In fairness Delph played for England and we finished 17th with him in the team.

Swansea won't bid around £15m for him I am almost sure of it so it's a case of Levy backing down which again I don't see either.

He will be at Spurs next season. I can't see Levy letting him go for £5m or even £10m and i'm not convinced he is worth anymore than that certainly not £10m.

Can't believe some fans think we can get him for any where near £5m, he is a English international. Also, to fans who who don't rate him, when we have been used to players of Lowton, westwood, NZog, Sanchez, etc, sounds just ludicrous.

• Like 1

Great, linked to another overpriced, massively over-hyped British player and he plays for Spurs no less so you know we'll get the better end of that deal  <_<

Buying British, spending far too much money doing so and creating a team of one-dimensional players with no Plan B. Haven't seen this before. I hope Sherwood surprises us because I'm sick of this approach. It doesn't work.

5-10 million is a fair price in todays market when you look at recent trasfer fees like Dele Alli and Ross McCormack going in that price range

It may be a fair price, but price of players is hardly fair in football. I think Levy will want at least £12 mill for Townsend.

• Like 1

Great, linked to another overpriced, massively over-hyped British player and he plays for Spurs no less so you know we'll get the better end of that deal  <_<

Buying British, spending far too much money doing so and creating a team of one-dimensional players with no Plan B. Haven't seen this before. I hope Sherwood surprises us because I'm sick of this approach. It doesn't work.

We have that approach before. it got us to 6th in the league  ;)

Townsend is no world beater but he is better than what we have presently and for a team that has scraped survival 4 years in a row, I think it would be a good signing if it happens.

However, it may just be lazy journalism linking him with us and I'm sure if he was available he would have better options than us, 

• Like 1

Refer to my previous post chap. We have struggled all season because we count on players like Nzogbia to create and we bemoan bringing in players of Townsend quality :wacko:

Â