Andros Townsend

Guest av1

In the rags again today so I thought it may warrant its own thread.

Swansea join Aston Villa in hunt for England winger Andros Townsend
19 JUNE 2015 10:30 PM BY DARREN LEWIS
Mirror Sport exclusive revealed last week that the Spurs winger in being chased by Aston Villa but Swansea boss Garry Monk is also interested. Townsend has struggled to establish himself as a regular in the Tottenham line-up
Swansea have joined the chase for Andros Townsend.

Mirror Sport exclusively revealed earlier this week that Aston Villa have targeted the 23-year-old England winger.

Villa boss Tim Sherwood, a champion of young English players, sees Townsend as a player capable of making a big contribution to his side next season.

Swansea boss Garry Monk, however, is also a big fan and has a long-standing interest.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfers-swansea-join-aston-5914785

In the rags again today so I thought it may warrant its own thread.

Swansea join Aston Villa in hunt for England winger Andros Townsend

19 JUNE 2015 10:30 PM BY DARREN LEWIS

Mirror Sport exclusive revealed last week that the Spurs winger in being chased by Aston Villa but Swansea boss Garry Monk is also interested. Townsend has struggled to establish himself as a regular in the Tottenham line-up

Swansea have joined the chase for Andros Townsend.

Mirror Sport exclusively revealed earlier this week that Aston Villa have targeted the 23-year-old England winger.

Villa boss Tim Sherwood, a champion of young English players, sees Townsend as a player capable of making a big contribution to his side next season.

Swansea boss Garry Monk, however, is also a big fan and has a long-standing interest.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfers-swansea-join-aston-5914785

I hope we sign him, would be a great improvement on Nzog  and can only shine under Tim.

Benteke

Grealish---------------Townsend

looks like a top 10 front 3 to me!

If nzogbia leaves then we will need to replace him, andros has all the attributes needed to fill that void, runs in straight lines and shoots from ridiculous angles you won't score from.

And he will cost a small fortune.

Gerrim in.

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 3

I'd take a punt on him for five mil. Wouldn't bother otherwise - he's not worth the risk at all.

Pretty much where I am as well, I would only be upset to see him join if the reported fee the red tops are talking about is correct. I've seen £12m mentioned which seems excessive.

Edited by av1

Levy is a master at playing hard ball and given his personal opinion of sherwood he ain't gonna let him go unless it's for big cash and he'll want benteke too, so i say f@?k off, we don't want your cast offs

Townsend is a one trick wonder, pacey but can't cross we'd be better off using Sinclair in that role and bolstering the midfield with some one like Alexander Meier

He's a head-down, charge and shoot winger, of which England tends to produce too many.

The ability to cross the ball should be the prerequisite of a winger - bring back Ray Graydon!

• Like 1

Might be better than N'Zogbia, but I'm not convinced he's any better than Sinclair.

Better the devil you know, he's not worth the quoted price definitely an expensive risk may as well go for Charlie Adam same risk but way less price

Smacks a bit of lazy journalism to me, Sherwood Spurs links are just inevitable, but I suppose we'll just need to wait and see if it's true.

I'd like him here, I think he's got a lot of potential, improvement on N'Zog, and if played with Sinclair, Grealish and (whisper) Gil, then we'd have a pacey skilful and attacking midfield. Not sure about his defensive qualities, but that's what Westy and Sanchez are for (assuming they stay and we can get the potential out of Sanchez!).

Did you see Sanchez v Brazil, he was awesome and marked Neymar out the game and frustrated him that much that he's now missing the rest of copa america, with a good preseason Sanchez can carry that form for us

• Like 1

Did you see Sanchez v Brazil, he was awesome and marked Neymar out the game and frustrated him that much that he's now missing the rest of copa america, with a good preseason, players of the quality of the Colombian national side alongside him, and the incentive of earning national pride by beating a mighty neighbouring country, Sanchez can carry that form for us

Not sure you are in the right thread but I thought a bit of a fix was needed. I remember Ron Vlaar marking Messi out of the game in the World Cup but he couldn't bring too much of that to the Villa side last season. 

Edit - Back on topic, I sometimes think reading these pages that there are no decent players anywhere in the world of football. Whenever a player is mentioned as a potential target, it's not long before a chorus starts decrying the player's abilities.

For me, Townsend would be an excellent signing and a significant boost to the quality of the squad.

Yes please, but I doubt if we would get him.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Think you'll find from my previous posts that I am in fact in the correct thread and as you quoted me i would presume you read the previous post where it was mentioned about Sanchez?? And as I put in a previous thread about vlaar that he had a good World Cup because he was looking for the Man Utd move, that was hampered as he limped off v hull right before the end of the transfer window.

As for Townsend he isn't what we are looking for, we have grealish and Sinclair, what we need is attacking prowess not someone who shoots on sight!!!!

Edited by gaz711
  • Like 1

Â