No Man's Sky

hogso

59 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Because the Xbox One S can't do 4K. It can play 4K movies, but it can't run games in 4K. The Xbox One S is the basic underpowered Xbox One just smaller with slightly more CPU to handle 4K output of Netflix and Blu-Ray.

To advertise No Man's Sky as HDR and 4K on Xbox One S would be misleading so they don't. 

PS. Yes Xbox One S has a 4K upscaler, but upscaling 900p to 2160p (4K) is not even close to the same as rendering the game natively at 2160p. 

Gotcha, it’s the upscaling part that’s misleading.

• Like 1

I think the Xbox version will also include the 'NEXT' patch, the content of which is as yet unconfirmed, but suggested to be substantial. 

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
11 hours ago, hogso said:

Is this the game people wanted / expected yet? It's got to be close, right? 

I mean...sand worms, man. 

I sunk an unbelievable amount of time into this game when I was furloughed. Even a few months ago I thought it was roughly the game it originally promised to be. Now, after the Crossplay, Desolation and Origin updates, it really is quite something.

I've only just started playing the new update, but I can already see there's plenty of added variety and I've barely scratched the surface. I've not seen one of the sandworms yet either.

32 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

I sunk an unbelievable amount of time into this game when I was furloughed. Even a few months ago I thought it was roughly the game it originally promised to be. Now, after the Crossplay, Desolation and Origin updates, it really is quite something.

I've only just started playing the new update, but I can already see there's plenty of added variety and I've barely scratched the surface. I've not seen one of the sandworms yet either.

Tempted to jump back on but worried I’ve forgotten all the controls 

Â