No Man's Sky

hogso

Thought there was a thread on this, couldn't find it though. Looks interesting, space exploration is for me at least, still a pretty exciting prospect in a game. The concern of 'what you actually do', and why you actually do it, is something most gamers are going to have to be convinced of before the game comes out though, I think.

There's an interesting interview with the dev's at E3 here which is worth a read, one of the most interesting points I picked out was this

But No Man’s Sky also has little to no interaction with other players, with the chances of meeting another fellow player apparently very remote. ‘If you want to play a space MMO then don’t play this’, says Murray. ‘We’re doing the worst thing, we’re spreading everyone so far apart that they’ll probably never see each other’.

Curious. They also use games like Minecraft and Terraria as examples of games where players just get on with playing, and the concerns of why, and the backstory to where they are, isn't important.

I remain unconvinced, but am quite eager to have a go myself all the same.

It all sounds a little too perfect as a premise at the moment

Until there is a playable version, I wont hold my breath on this joining the pile of games filed under great idea, poor execution

i actually really like the idea of just flying around, exploring, seeing new things and being the one who discovered stuff. it's a pretty fantastic concept IMO, and fine way to spend a few hours every evening

I thought it was going to be like a £20 indie game and seemed like a good idea, with all the hype it's going to be a £50 job at a guess and I'm not convinced

It's one of them where it'll either hook you and have amazing longevity or bore you within a couple of hours

Best case scenario: It's going to make me weep from every orifice with joy.

Worst case scenario: It's going to be the most I've ever spent on a 65daysofstatic album.

I can live with either outcome, frankly.

• Like 2

It looks interesting but I wish there was more of a focus on multiplayer.  I love the idea of zooming around a planet with a group of friends. 

It looks interesting but I wish there was more of a focus on multiplayer.  I love the idea of zooming around a planet with a group of friends. 

I haven't had chance to try it, but Elite: Dangerous seems similar. Don't think you can actually land on planets in Elite: Dangerous though.

Edited by Daniel

It looks interesting but I wish there was more of a focus on multiplayer. I love the idea of zooming around a planet with a group of friends.

I haven't had chance to try it, but Elite: Dangerous seems similar. Don't think you can actually land on planets in Elite: Dangerous though.

Not yet. It is allegedly a future add on.

• 8 months later...

My most anticipated game since buying a ps4 but priced too high for me personally. £30 or less and it would be day 1 but I'm happy to wait until it reaches that price.

£24-29.99 would have been perfect for this. As it is I can't see it selling all that well now despite it maybe deserving to for trying something different.

Â