U21 European Championship

mikeyp102

Was surprised Danes got hammered by Sweden, Denmark got some excellent young players like Hjoberg so is this really a Swedish golden generation occuring or will it be more Marcus Bergs? Guidetti seems to be their main striker  after all....

watched the game and both teams were fairly average, Sweden got last 2 on the counter attack. Tibbling impressed me the most from Sweden team but manager seems reluctant to use him. Khalili is absolute dross though so I expect us to sign him next week :P

Haven't seen much of this tournament but I would say that this was totally deserved  ;)

Last time we were in the final of the U21-tournament we almost went on to win the big one a few years later. I should be more interested in the national team for the next years maybe :)  

Swedish team valued at about 23 million euros

English team valued at about 95 million euros...(with Kane only valued at 15 million euros so add 20m to that)

Seen every game, we could do a lot worse, with a lot more money than to sign Augustinsson and Guidetti

Who values the players?

The numbers are from the German site transfermarkt.com who did a list before the euros. (I think it's the projected transfer value of what they were valued at in January)

Now obviously they don't have the same in dept U 21 player knowledge as us at Villa Talk, but i still thought it was a fun "fact"

he looked good in the tournament but Under 21 Euro is a nightmare to buy players. Look at Holland 2007 as best example Donk, Drenthe, Zuiverloon,Babel and Maceo Rigters all played in that final

amazingly the player on that team with best career is Vlaar and only Pieters has had a decent level staying level from that squad

Think Gudietti's attitude is a problem....was talking to a Man. City fan a while ago and he said he acted like a proper big shot there...didn't do much on loan at Stoke either so wouldn't be spending a lot on him. Marcus Berg was amazing for Sweden in 2009 lets remember.

Did Vlaar really play in the 2007 under 21s, I remember that mad penalty shoot out with England.

I think he as captain of the squad but knowing Vlaar he was probably injured early in the tournament

Vlaar played in every match in the group stage, but had to leave the pitch injured in the semi final match against England

sounds like him 

Found a match report of it....the penalty shoot out was incredible, couldn't see Vlaar's name on it so yes assumed he was injured.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6766603.stm

That England team was pretty awful apart from Baines, Milner and Young. Rest were just high energy players who couldn't pass a ball to save their lives. Team in 2009 was much better.

Most of Holland played in the prem at some point, Zuvierloon was at West Brom for a few years, think Donk turned up there aswell. De Ridder played for SHA against us in one game I think, Rigters played about 2 games for Blackburn.

I play a football quiz game in the pub on occasions and Hedwiges Maduro always randomly pops up in one of the questions, he went to Valencia and never heard of him again. One for the other thread.

Â