U21 European Championship

mikeyp102

There was a Gerrard and Rio Ferdinand interview in the paper today and Captain Stevie said the players are often bored on England duty and there was a 'shyness' in the group. They are building a golf course at St. George's Park to rectify this.  :thumb:

Which many people seem to have mocked.

It makes perfect sense.

There was a Gerrard and Rio Ferdinand interview in the paper today and Captain Stevie said the players are often bored on England duty and there was a 'shyness' in the group. They are building a golf course at St. George's Park to rectify this.  :thumb:

Which many people seem to have mocked.

It makes perfect sense.

Maybe it'll help. I found it laughable that they've sunk over £100m into this facility and now they're building a golf course because these babies are bored.

Any company worth their salt will tell you of the importance of both work life balance and team morale.

If the players finish "work" and spend their free time bored out of their mind then that effects work life balance. As Gerrard said, players will dread having to spend any time at the place because they know that after "work" they'll be miserable.

Similarly, if there's nothing to build team morale then you get divides in the employees (in this case the squad) which has a negative effect.

Now, there may have been cheaper and easier ways to fix this than a golf course, but adding leisure facilities is a no brainer if this is something that's proving to be a problem.

I also don't see why Jack Butland taking something to fill his free time on a trip is a bad thing. You realise they are human, right?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

WIFI

Tablets

Books

DVDs

PS4

XBox

Social Media

Ping Pong tables

Snooker tables

Swimming Pools

Saunas

Jacuzzis

Spending your summer being surrounded by people of similar background and interests.

Maybe we should get the wags on the go again and let the players run the camp as they clearly took exception and downed tools when Capello had the audacity to try and install some professionalism into the squad.

England don't actually spend that much time at SGP do they? It's a day here and there training and then the train down from Lichfield Trent Valley to London.

Bigger problem is the usual boredom at major tournaments as either the training base is too remote like in the 2010 world cup or it's too much in a city centre so they're actually having to mix with the great unwashed, members of the general public. The poor things.

If I told my boss I'm bored at work I would probably get sacked.

No you wouldn't, unless your boss is a psychopath. And if he did sack you then you'd be suing him for wrongful dismissal.

And nobody is saying they're bored at work here. They're saying they're bored outside of work.

It's the equivalent of you being sent to the countryside for work, being put up in a hotel for the time, and you complaining that you were bored in the evenings because there's nothing to do.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

If I told my boss I'm bored at work I would probably get sacked.

Im sure he would give you more work to do

maybe thats the solution, play friendlies on the off days so they dont get bored 

Â