Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think it's definitely just you 😉

Yes Modrich has been a fanstastic player for many years. One of the main reasons why Real Madrid won so many champions leagues and despite the hype about Bale, he was the best player at spurs 

• Like 2

Harry Winks. 

Saw a predicted England Euro 2020 with him in it. 

I know these "tidy" holding players who do **** all have been the hipster rage for a while, but he is a net negative to a team. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Harry Winks. 

Saw a predicted England Euro 2020 with him in it. 

I know these "tidy" holding players who do **** all have been the hipster rage for a while, but he is a net negative to a team. 

Im pretty sure Mourinho has seen through him, only plays now through injuries

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Im pretty sure Mourinho has seen through him, only plays now through injuries

He was their captain v Wolves.

Didn't play last night but Willy Caballero must be one of the worst starting keepers in the league. Never rated him in his cameos at Man. City either. Kepa had an indifferent season but he's still way better.

• 2 months later...

Ok, an old one, but have been watching a lot of late 80's / early 90's footie on YouTube (trying to rekindle my love of the game)

Bruce Grobelaar - absolutely terrible. Huge amount of mistakes per game even in the years Liverpool were winning things. How he survived so long I'll never know. 

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Ok, an old one, but have been watching a lot of late 80's / early 90's footie on YouTube (trying to rekindle my love of the game)

Bruce Grobelaar - absolutely terrible. Huge amount of mistakes per game even in the years Liverpool were winning things. How he survived so long I'll never know. 

I was actually going to make a post yesterday. Was watching the Arsenal title game and it was 90 minutes or defenders passing him the ball. Him picking it up and absolutely twatting it 100 yards. On the odd occasion he would roll it out. The defence passed it around for a minute then passed it back to him.

He think picked it up and twatted it 100 yards.

These people complain that football is dull nowadays.

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I was actually going to make a post yesterday. Was watching the Arsenal title game and it was 90 minutes or defenders passing him the ball. Him picking it up and absolutely twatting it 100 yards. On the odd occasion he would roll it out. The defence passed it around for a minute then passed it back to him.

The title game was poor as both teams were edgy. Not reflective of football over the season! 

Overall I'd say football was more enjoyable back then for a myriad of reasons. Rose tinted spectacles may be one of them! 

On 24/05/2020 at 08:49, rodders0223 said:

As much as Fifa is (rightly) derided for some awful rule changes, the backpass rule change in mid 90s was a masterstroke.

On 24/05/2020 at 16:05, Zatman said:

Mainz05 the entire team, Neil Taylor woukld be the best defender if they signed him. 

Absolute disgraceful performance 

Said it on another forum but they're the German version of us or Sunderland around 2015. Every season I watch I'm always amazed they're safely in mid table and have as many points as they do. This season for instance they've lost 16 games but they hardly ever draw so that's helped them get away from bottom 3 although they could easily drop into it as Bremen had a huge win at the weekend so could pick up now.

Â