Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

1 hour ago, kwoktolai said:

I know this name appeared in here before, but my word Granit xhaka is one awful Ashley Westwood 

I'm assuming he was awful in this 'cup' final. Have to say, I struggle to see why he is rated by anyone. His 'amazing' left foot is only a shade above average, he rarely assists from a deep position and doesn't score many goals from range. He has absolutely no positional sense, no pace, no ability to dictate a football match and no leadership skills on the pitch. I have to say that he is a truly appalling player and if I were an Arsenal fan I'd be irate that he's in the team.  

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Calum Chambers. What is actually good about him? Too slow to play full back at top level so Arsenal play him at CB yet his heading and strength is so mediocre.

One of the weird things about Wenger is that he buys these youngsters when they're just promising hopes, but he persists in playing them long after it's clear they haven't made the required leaps. Just observing Chambers on loan at Boro should have shown Arsenal that he was in no way of the required level to play for the first team. I mean, they wouldn't have bought him off the back of those displays would they. 

Jenkinson was another one that overstayed his welcome, he is still employed by Arsenal. 

Except Campbell, Toure, Gallas and maybe Koscielny he cant pick a defender. From his invincibles Cole was an academy player while Lauren was converted from midfield

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Jenkinson was another one that overstayed his welcome, he is still employed by Arsenal. 

Except Campbell, Toure, Gallas and maybe Koscielny he cant pick a defender. From his invincibles Cole was an academy player while Lauren was converted from midfield

Mustafi is horrific, £35m for utter shite, makes Pascal Cygan look like Baresi.

14 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Mustafi is horrific, £35m for utter shite, makes Pascal Cygan look like Baresi.

I still can't believe his reaction to shunting into Aguero, he decided to stop playing and hold his arms up whilst one of the best strikers in world football got a free run at goal in a cup final.

Could you imagine the rollocking he'd have got if Viera was still captain. This is the problem with this Arsenal side. Nobody cares.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Mustafi was really good for years in Spain. I think Arsenal's problem is a lack of a DM exposes their centerbacks immensely. Xhaka, Ramsey, Wilshire, and Ozil are very poor defensively, or at least not good enough to be in a midfield two. Only Elneny is a DM, and he isn't enough. 

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I still can't believe his reaction to shunting into Aguero, he decided to stop playing and hold his arms up whilst one of the best strikers in world football got a free run at goal in a cup final.

Could you imagine the rollocking he'd have got if Viera was still captain. This is the problem with this Arsenal side. Nobody cares.

It sort of reminded me of JT against Gallagher in the Derby. JT gets exposed, his striker runs through on goal and there is no way in hell that JT is getting back to get a tackle in...but he does anyway, he doesn't moan or complain, he knows his legs aren't up to it, but he gets up and busts a gut anyway. Gallagher misses, and then has to rush his follow up and hoofs it into the Holte.

That's the difference. So take note Micah, take note Mustafi.

Actually, nevermind. You either have it or you don't.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Mustafi was really good for years in Spain. I think Arsenal's problem is a lack of a DM exposes their centerbacks immensely. Xhaka, Ramsey, Wilshire, and Ozil are very poor defensively, or at least not good enough to be in a midfield two. Only Elneny is a DM, and he isn't enough. 

Two seasons. He looks shite to me.

21 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Mustafi is appalling. It doesn't matter what's in front of him. 

54 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

When they get a new manager they might have the makings of a good team. They should go for Dyche.

I normally like the idea of 'managers moving up' but I think they're in a rotten enough state at this point that they need to find someone who is experienced in turning around a failing big club rather than succeeding at a small one. 

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I normally like the idea of 'managers moving up' but I think they're in a rotten enough state at this point that they need to find someone who is experienced in turning around a failing big club rather than succeeding at a small one. 

LVG is available @ 100/1.

10 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

When they get a new manager they might have the makings of a good team. They should go for Dyche.

If they do choose an English manager, which they won't, then Eddie Howe is the obvious candidate. Dyche won't be considered for it.

• Like 1

Â