Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

rubbish is harsh but Paul Pogba is at most a good midfielder and will never be world class

It seems to be a trend with big money players. Compare pogba to scholes, Lukaku to van nistelrooy or morata to Drogba. Conclusion: footballers aren't as good as they used to be. Where's the talent gone? 

Edited by villa89

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

It seems to be a trend with big money players. Compare pogba to scholes, Lukaku to van nistelrooy or morata to Drogba. Conclusion: footballers aren't as good as they used to be. Where's the talent gone? 

I’m not sure talent has gone, look at people like Kane, Hazard etc.

Just there are certain players who grab the headlines with their mega money transfers and just don’t live up to it.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Alexis is starting his United career like Pogba did, badly.

Soon he’ll start being “good” and people will try and say his astronomical cost was fair.

I don't know why Sanchez didn't just play out the rest of the season and have the pick of pretty much any team in the world he wanted, including City.  Now he's sentenced himself to a couple of years under Mourinho.  It doesn't make much sense to me.

48 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't know why Sanchez didn't just play out the rest of the season and have the pick of pretty much any team in the world he wanted, including City.  Now he's sentenced himself to a couple of years under Mourinho.  It doesn't make much sense to me.

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

It was because of money.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

It was because of money.

Yep this. United paid a premium to avoid the cattle market in the summer.

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

lukaku - he's scoring record is decent but his general football ability and probably more worryingly his effort and work rate just isnt good enough

phil jones and chris smalling, both are garbage and have been for a long time

Been saying it for years, against top sides and in the big games he isn't going to do much and is easily dealt with. He doesn't have enough to his game, his touch is shocking, as is his intelligence, his runs, awareness and his passing...anything other than bullying players and sticking it in the back of the net. At the highest level, that just isn't enough.

I know he has scored goals, and at his age now has scored more than Messi, Ronaldo, Pele, R9, Batistuta, Lineker, Romario and Owen combined (or something :)) but I don't care.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

lukaku - he's scoring record is decent but his general football ability and probably more worryingly his effort and work rate just isnt good enough

phil jones and chris smalling, both are garbage and have been for a long time

For his standing in the game and his transfer fees, he is actually kind of atrocious relatively. Benteke is miles the better player even in his bad form. I hope he finds some form from now until the end of the season and becomes Belgium's first choice at the world cup.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

For his standing in the game and his transfer fees, he is actually kind of atrocious relatively. Benteke is miles the better player even in his bad form. I hope he finds some form from now until the end of the season and becomes Belgium's first choice at the world cup.

personally I hope he does not as they are in England's group! Better the lummox Lukaku.

On 01/02/2018 at 22:29, bannedfromHandV said:

It was because of money.

I reckon the money would still be available, if not more so, in the summer as a free agent.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Why do premier league sides think they can turn Mangala into a defender?

He is trash. 

He managed to look awful in a team where he was hardly ever tested, so no surprise he's going to look even worse for Everton

Â