Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

32 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Bearing in mind the mind the well known Villa effect on signings in recent times its interesting to wonder if he had of signed for Villa rather than Spurs where his career would be now. 

True. Lambert would have made him Ashley Westwood back up ????

2 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Dele Alli isn't rubbish.

no he's not

out of form, maybe even a suggestion of a bit burnt out, not 100% fit and i would say watching him for england definitely struggling to nail his role in the team (a non existent midfield and the pump it forward tactics dont help)

also as usual the typical "good enough for barca" "world class" english hype job doesnt help anyone

5 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Alli is 22 years old, and has knocked in 47 goals in 150 games for Tottenham, from midfield. Why is he in this thread?!

He's not a proper midfielder IMO. Much like Frank Lampard he's more of a 'number 10' than a midfielder, that's why he's able to score so many goals.

22 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Wasn't quite sure which thread to put this in, but this one seemed as good as any:

I remember seeing that Ferdinand miss on one of those Nick Hancock/Danny Baker bloopers VHS that always used to come out at xmas in the late 90s.

I'm as nostaglic as many for 90s football and all the brilliant playmakers we had back then but if you ever watch the old MOTD highlights on TJS Sports then actually you'll see modern day defending for most part is miles better than from even leading teams back in that era.

If you think Liverpool aren't great at defending now, their 1997 team is on whole different inept level, likes of Dominic Matteo and Phil Babb were actually falling over the ball. Of course they'd be worth 20-30m in today's market!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Jordan Bowery :D  why we signed him i will never know, i know it was a cheap punt but LOL.

I went to the Crewe vs Bury match today crazy that he is probably Crewe's third best player behind Perry Ng and George Ray. Show's you the quality in League 2 but quite few generally good players in league but not many!

Lot better than his Villa days but that's not saying much! 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Surprised he's still first choice for Palace. They signed Guaita in the summer from Getafe who had a really good season for them last year. Guess he must be struggling to settle in like Mandanda.

Hennessey has solid games every now and then but he does let in some easy goals on occasions.

Â