Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

I've probably posted it in here before but Mesut Osil. Only plays when he feels like it and when your team doesn't have the ball he just makes, at best, a token effort to get it back. Offers no leadership and routinely goes missing against any decent opposition. Conned his way into a massive contract by turning on the style against sides who are vastly inferior. Basically he plays well when it's easy and his team are on top passing the ball for fun, as soon as the going gets tough he's a passenger.  Charlatan.

Edited by villa89

55 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I've probably posted it in here before but Mesut Osil. Only plays when he feels like it and when your team doesn't have the ball he just makes, at best, a token effort to get it back. Offers no leadership and routinely goes missing against any decent opposition. Conned his way into a massive contract by turning on the style against sides who are vastly inferior. Basically he plays well when it's easy and his team are on top passing the ball for fun, as soon as the going gets tough he's a passenger.  Charlatan.

But if criticise him he starts writing letters stating racism ?

arsenal's problem is that because of the value of the playing squad, the size of the club, the FA cups, the stadium, the sky media factor etc they have a massive stature

in reality they've not threatened the league for a long long time, they spent years clinging on to the top 4, they'll now IMO spend years clinging on the EL

as a result you end up with a group of players that arent as good as they should be, which in turn gets interpreted as "rubbish"

granit xhaka would walk in to 70% of PL teams but as a player for a team with a stature that suggests CL qualification and league aspirations, playing at the world cup and 66 caps at the age of 25 for a nation ranked 6th in the world...you cant help but sit there and wonder how the **** did that happen, he's simply not good enough

for a team that big, finishing 6th in the league to only have 3 players that would get in the squads of spurs, liverpool or city (aubameyang, ozil, maybe bellerin but as i've said here before my arsenal supporting mates hate him) is really poor, thats squads too, i dont think any of them get in citys starting 11

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

for a team that big, finishing 6th in the league to only have 3 players that would get in the squads of spurs, liverpool or city (aubameyang, ozil, maybe bellerin but as i've said here before my arsenal supporting mates hate him) is really poor, thats squads too, i dont think any of them get in citys starting 11

Bellerin is garbage. looks good going forward but if watch him defend he makes Taylor look solid. As for Ozil he is just a chancer and no team came in for him hence why he stayed 

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bellerin is garbage. looks good going forward but if watch him defend he makes Taylor look solid. As for Ozil he is just a chancer and no team came in for him hence why he stayed 

the main criticism from my friends was that he's not very good going forward :lol:

its not something i had spotted until they told me about it, he bombs forward, overlaps, gets in some really good positions....then slows it down before passing he ball 5 yards inside to an attacking midfielder, its obviously a tactic he's being told to do but its mad to see it once you've been told

Bellerin isn't good at anything, he should have been moved on this summer...but it's Arsenal, he will get a new deal, stagnate some more, get a loan move, come back, play a dozen games, sign a new deal, get 2 more loan moves as they can't shift his salary and then be released at 27.

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

its not something i had spotted until they told me about it, he bombs forward, overlaps, gets in some really good positions....then slows it down before passing he ball 5 yards inside to an attacking midfielder, its obviously a tactic he's being told to do but its mad to see it once you've been told

If only he bombed forward, overlapped, got in some really good positions....then booted a cross straight out of play he'd be a cult hero and fan favourite like one championship Scottish full back.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Never be a top class player. In the average premier league he will look good but not top level

Bearing in mind the mind the well known Villa effect on signings in recent times its interesting to wonder if he had of signed for Villa rather than Spurs where his career would be now. 

Â