Micah Richards

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Well he won't be going to Italy.

It's slower and boring to watch :rolleyes: It wasn't that he has no football intelligence so couldn't get anywhere the games he presumed he'd get.

I agree with BOF actually, I don't think many players will hear of this interview. I certainly hope they don't.

Let's see some leadership on the pitch please Micah. Stop throwing your arms around blaming others. You have to lead this utter rabble, take some responsibility instead of laying it at the feet of teammates younger than you who can't speak the language.

You seem to have got the hump over the language remark. Think you're reading too much into it, what he has said is perfectly reasonable. Saying there was a bit of a communication breakdown due to the language barrier and Sherwood not being able get through with exactly what he wants isn't scapegoating the foreigners it sounds perfectly plausible to me and if anything is damning on the higher-ups for not accounting for what you'd assume was a fairly obvious situation rather than the players.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, penguin said:

You seem to have got the hump over the language remark. Think you're reading too much into it, what he has said is perfectly reasonable. Saying there was a bit of a communication breakdown due to the language barrier and Sherwood not being able get through with exactly what he wants isn't scapegoating the foreigners it sounds perfectly plausible to me and if anything is damning on the higher-ups for not accounting for what you'd assume was a fairly obvious situation rather than the players.

It really pee'd me off yes.

Fair points you've made there, but his wording definitely sounded like he was defending Timbo again and blaming others to me. I wouldn't even have too much of an issue if he'd been brilliant this season and it was a bit of frustration coming out. But he's been average at best.

I can imagine Tim getting annoyed when "FAAAKIN GET IT FORWURD" wasn't well understood.

I really don't have much of an issue with this interview. Comparing it to Sherwood is a bit disingenuous imo. Sherwood was manager - ie the boss. Your boss slagging you off in public is humiliating and soul destroying. Richards is captain, he represents the group, so I read it as him saying collectively we're not good enough, we need to run more, we need to try harder. The comments about foreign players needing time to settle are fair enough, and I didn't read the language thing as a Sherwoodesque put down. If anything he was bigging up Remi to bridge that gap. I mean everything he's said is true so....time to shape up or ship out lads! 

Everything he said in the interview is true, so I'm not sure how anyone could have a problem with it. Hopefully one or two in the dressing room will take a good look at themselves and give 200% next time out.

These are grown men, I doubt very much anyone was yelling for their mommy, after hearing the captains comments.

Richards has said exactly what most of us are thinking. We can't afford to shy away from it. We have to pick up points between now and Jan and its up to this bunch to do it. They need to realise what's necessary to do it. After the performance at Everton it's an ideal time to tell,a few home truths before a game that's must win. I think we have some decent talented players but that's nothing without the application. He also states we need PL exp players in Jan and that playing is better than sitting on a bench somewhere. All things you want your captain to say hopefully to encourage spending and other players to get off their arse and play. If any player takes it personally and wilts they aren't the type we need or want here. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nabby said:

For good of team has to be a case to put him to RB ..has strength and pace plus he can't cross a pall worse than Hutton.

But our centrebacks are crap, apart from him.

And Hutton is doing fine (although at fault today)

I say it again, but I wish Richards had never played RB ever. Nobody would even be entertaining the idea of moving him if he hadn't.

• Like 2

Â