Micah Richards

Demitri_C

When was he top quality? As a yoof at city? He was hyped to death, his flaws were there for everyone to see, he's let himself rot on city's bench happily taking home a huge pay cheque, he's also got a shocking injury record

I'm hopeful he sees this as last chance saloon and makes a good go at it, and that tim sees him as a RB rather than a CB

More than a few people seem to be remembering what he was as a prospect rather than what he now is as a finished article

If he was happy to rot on the city bench why has been been playing in Italy last year then eh? Trying to get games and he wants first team XI in his new club. Fair enough in my books.

• Like 1

When was he top quality? As a yoof at city? He was hyped to death, his flaws were there for everyone to see, he's let himself rot on city's bench happily taking home a huge pay cheque, he's also got a shocking injury record

I'm hopeful he sees this as last chance saloon and makes a good go at it, and that tim sees him as a RB rather than a CB

More than a few people seem to be remembering what he was as a prospect rather than what he now is as a finished article

If he was happy to rot on the city bench why has been been playing in Italy last year then eh? Trying to get games and he wants first team XI in his new club. Fair enough in my books.

was more of a holiday in Italy with occasional games ;)

• Like 2

Before that he played 9 games in 2 years at city

People say we were on am economy drive the last few years. Maybe we were getting rid of players that we knew a)didn't want to be here or B) a succession of managers found that they lacked the effort/ability for this level. Signing a player for 65k is not an indication that we over spent or that we are going to put ourselves in the shit again, it's merely paying for a player the recruitment team and manager feel can contribute.

Im also not so sceptical on the whole played 'x' amount of gamed in 5 years argument either. He had Zabaleta in ftomt of him and the guy is 27 in two weeks, far from washed up and certainly not as injury prone as is being made out.

Very good signing Tim keep em coming at this level and we lll judge you this time next year.

• Like 1

Im also not so sceptical on the whole played 'x' amount of gamed in 5 years argument either. He had Zabaleta in ftomt of him and the guy is 27 in two weeks, far from washed up and certainly not as injury prone as is being made out.

in 10 seasons he has only more than 30 league games a season once

Vlaar has played 4 seasons of more than 30 league games for example

Edited by Zatman

Not gonna go the villatalk typical fashion and write him off before he has even played a game.

I personally think he is a good signing for our level and he was a free transfer which makes him a great bit of business.

To the people who aren't happy with this who exactly would you have got in?

• Like 3

Read somewhere earlier that Sherwood intends to play 3 at the back with wing backs and the article also said that Richards was promised he would be played in his favoured centre back position. So we most likely will have a back 3 of Richards, Okore and Clark or perhaps Richards, Baker and Clark with bacuna and a new left back providing width.

I'm usually optimistic and give players a chance - and I will give Richards a chance but I think this is absolutely mental. I don't rate Richards at all and spunking all of that money up the wall every week on his contract is a terrible move. This was a worst case scenario signing for me and one that makes me question Sherwood massively. 

• Like 2

Â