Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Brummie.  :thumb:

Nah. He's a Yorkshireman.   I remember when he scored that goal against us as a 17 year old and he gave a couple of interviews after the game and he was asked the usual questions about whether he was a Villa fan because it's listed online that he was born in Birmingham.  I vividly remember him saying he was just born here but he's never actually lived in Birmingham. His pregnant mother just happened to be in town visiting friends when he decided it was time to be born so he has Birmingham on his birth certificate.   It's a surprisingly common thing to happen, my daughter was born in Leeds in very similar circumstances. 

• Like 3

terrible business for me, wont offer anymore than Lowton did for worst salary.

as I said in speculation thread his performance vs Sevilla was like a guy who won a raffle to play for the club it was that bad

him and Sinclair is horrible business so far if comes off

So Sinclair coming in and scoring goals was terrible?

Now I know he has a long way to go to prove himself but what does a player have to do to be given the benefit of the doubt? Sinclair had more good games than bad and although mainly in the FA Cup he still scored a few good goals.

Why do we expect instant success from new players, or to be able to sign players at the top of their career with no risk or tainted reputation? We have been circling the bowl for years now, we are practically the least attractive proposition in the league.

Even Carles Gil, had two crap games (according to some) so should be binned off already!

How many of the current squad has been able to perform well on more than a handful of occasions a season under Lambert? Other than Benteke when he's actually fit?

I don't know if Micah Richards is a good signing, but i'll judge what he does in a Villa shirt and not by anything else.

• Like 2

terrible business for me, wont offer anymore than Lowton did for worst salary.

as I said in speculation thread his performance vs Sevilla was like a guy who won a raffle to play for the club it was that bad

him and Sinclair is horrible business so far if comes off

What a load of rubbish

If it happens Richards is going to be one of those hit or miss signings, which I do think you need from time to time, In the hope that it works out.

I do echo everyone else in that I would want him at RB. Obviously injuries have played a part but his and the media's urge for him to play CB too early in his career always seemed to be a crazy idea with his ability he showed when he burst into the scene at RB

I know he is on a free and that has an impact on wage offers but £65k weekly would suggest our recent wage limits are a thing of the past and might have other players wanting a little bit more. He has been a good player in the past and with Tim might do a Sinclair and become a good one again at Villa if this deal does happen.   

This signing is just so, well confusing to me, for the last 4 years we've been on a economy drive, debt has come down to near enough breaking even, we shift a couple of players like bent & finally we will be where randy wants us to be, and instead we go and give bents wages to a player who, has really flattered to deceive for the last 4 years.

Its the sort of signing we would have made in 2008/09.

Cracking signing for in my book, really don't get the hate.

Top quality player and a huge improvement on what we have currently.

• Like 1

I'm happy with it, i think given a good run in the side he could well get some form, a thing which he didn't get the chance to do at Man City or in Italy... most players form will suffer with inconsistent appearances surely?

Edited by danceoftheshamen

When was he top quality? As a yoof at city? He was hyped to death, his flaws were there for everyone to see, he's let himself rot on city's bench happily taking home a huge pay cheque, he's also got a shocking injury record

I'm hopeful he sees this as last chance saloon and makes a good go at it, and that tim sees him as a RB rather than a CB

More than a few people seem to be remembering what he was as a prospect rather than what he now is as a finished article

• Like 2

Hard to know what we're getting 'cause he's hardly played for past three years. Could be a coup if he lives up to early potential, could be a huge waste of wages if he's injured half the time & hasn't got the pace he used to have. 

I'm going to withhold judgment. It's not the type of signing that makes me bubble with excitement, but I'll give him every chance to come in and do a job. We're giving Sherwood a chance to put his mark on the team now, and I'm not going to judge his signings until he's had the opportunity to put his vision into action.

But yeah, £65K a week does seem like quite a lot...

Â