Jump to content
Adblockers - please click ×
Sign in to follow this  
Demitri_C

Micah Richards

Recommended Posts

Richards offered to cancel his contract but the club turned down his offer because it was better for insurance purposes that he didn't. Presumably we got some of the money back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just as frustrated as any other fan that a) We bought him in the first place & b) It turned out as it did.

But I'm going to take that BBC article on face value and believe him that he was genuinely distressed at the injuries ended his career the way it did.

Feels nicer than hating someone I'll probably never meet for a situation I have no real idea about.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anything it shines a light on the obscene amounts of money these guys get paid when they are playing let alone crocked and warming the bench. Ridiculous situation all round. But that's the clubs failing, not Micah's.

I'm sure I read/heard he has been a massively positive influence around BMH though unlike Gabby, Lescott, Guzan etc... and he has always acted professionally in the face of realising his career is over which as a young man who had prior success must be an incredibly difficult obstacle to get past and I do feel for him quite a bit as he has been the target of abuse when he hasnt done a single thing wrong.

Yes he is made for life and has a lifestyle we can only dream about but he still has emotions that come with being human. He wasnt a bad apple, he wasnt a bad influence. He was stuck in limbo really. It wasnt his fault the club offered him mega bucks on a lengthy contract. I hope he finds success and happiness in the next stage of his career.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

If anything it shines a light on the obscene amounts of money these guys get paid when they are playing let alone crocked and warming the bench. Ridiculous situation all round. But that's the clubs failing, not Micah's.

I'm sure I read/heard he has been a massively positive influence around BMH though unlike Gabby, Lescott, Guzan etc... and he has always acted professionally in the face of realising his career is over which as a young man who had prior success must be an incredibly difficult obstacle to get past and I do feel for him quite a bit as he has been the target of abuse when he hasnt done a single thing wrong.

Yes he is made for life and has a lifestyle we can only dream about but he still has emotions that come with being human. He wasnt a bad apple, he wasnt a bad influence. He was stuck in limbo really. It wasnt his fault the club offered him mega bucks on a lengthy contract. I hope he finds success and happiness in the next stage of his career.

If he has managed his money well, and continues to manage his money well. 60+ years is a long time to stretch out your savings. I hope he takes good advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

If he has managed his money well, and continues to manage his money well. 60+ years is a long time to stretch out your savings. I hope he takes good advice.

He is set for life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

He is set for life.

Not if he forecast a few years ago to be playing until he is 35 and was relying on that last payday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/09/2019 at 16:11, Keyblade said:

That isn't his fault. Blame Tim Sherwood and Paddy Riley for signing him, not him. They were the viruses that literally led to us getting relegated and spending 3 years in the Championship.

You can blame Paddy Reily for a lot of things but not Lescott and Richards and they were one of Sherwoods "winners" Richards was 100% Sherwoods signing. 

But even so to blame Sherwood and Reily for some of the most half hearted performances I've ever seen from a player is ridiculous. Yes Sherwood is to blame for signing him but how is he to blame for Richards complete lack of effort. You seem to want to excuse Richards of blame but he is the only one that can control the amount of effort he puts in no one else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stuartc445 said:

You can blame Paddy Reily for a lot of things but not Lescott and Richards and they were one of Sherwoods "winners" Richards was 100% Sherwoods signing. 

But even so to blame Sherwood and Reily for some of the most half hearted performances I've ever seen from a player is ridiculous. Yes Sherwood is to blame for signing him but how is he to blame for Richards complete lack of effort. You seem to want to excuse Richards of blame but he is the only one that can control the amount of effort he puts in no one else. 

We're not talking about his performances or effort though are we? We're talking about his contract and his signing. That was down to whoever, Tim Sherwood, Riley...it doesn't matter, but not Richards. He was a horrendous player for us, even when fit don't get me wrong, but that's a completely tangential point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/09/2019 at 17:47, Zatman said:

Lescott was certainly the poison in that dressing room maybe Gabby and for some reason I feel Guzan too

Richards was shit but think he seems a decent guy. Was it a cup game he actually came and spoke to the fans. Others not just in our squad but in other clubs would have just ignored them

Yes it was the cup game where Richards spoke to fans saying that he's trying giving his all, which was strange thing to say for a premir league player to say when he'd just had league two opposition run rings around him. 

Edited by Stuartc445

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

You can blame Paddy Reily for a lot of things but not Lescott and Richards and they were one of Sherwoods "winners" Richards was 100% Sherwoods signing. 

But even so to blame Sherwood and Reily for some of the most half hearted performances I've ever seen from a player is ridiculous. Yes Sherwood is to blame for signing him but how is he to blame for Richards complete lack of effort. You seem to want to excuse Richards of blame but he is the only one that can control the amount of effort he puts in no one else. 

The thing is Richards was giving his all, he was just crap just like Gestede. Some other players didn't give their all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

All it takes is one bad habit.

That's no different for anyone in any circumstance. Of course I dont know him personally so have no insight into his monthly outgoings but generally, when you earn millions of pounds a year, I think, cant be sure, but I think he just might be avoiding the food banks and taking loans out to keep the heating on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

That's no different for anyone in any circumstance. Of course I dont know him personally so have no insight into his monthly outgoings but generally, when you earn millions of pounds a year, I think, cant be sure, but I think he just might be avoiding the food banks and taking loans out to keep the heating on.

That's true. It's just that when you're rich, especially from a young age, you're susceptible to more destructive vices that the average Joe. Millions might as well be thousands at that point. Plenty of horror stories from pro athletes who seem like they'd be made for life but are doing even worse than some of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To everyone replying. Yes, of course he could gamble it away, drink it away, snort it away, spunk it on frivolous purchases, bad investments, bank account hacked, an addiction to sausage and egg muffins, aliens could invade, the world could explode....

He is open to the financial danger that every single other person is open to. Obviously he wont be able to buy a new lambo every year and move mansions every 5 years but generally though, he is **** loaded and yes, barring a disaster, he is set for life. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair play to him, sticking up for us on final score and praising Grealish. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Fair play to him, sticking up for us on final score and praising Grealish. 

Last week he made a good point on Adama aswell. Said when he first played he looked great which he did (that Palace run when he made a goal out of nothing which was his debut) but quickly got injured and our season was in freefall when he returned particularly with Garde not rating him or much of our squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awful situation.

Very naive to think Delph and Benteke would sell.

We were never going to watch Delph City offer.

Bizarre we never let him go to keep him around the changing room. What a waste of wage.

Seems like a good lad, bit dim.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â