Micah Richards

Demitri_C

On 01/03/2018 at 09:08, Dave J said:

Richards has always been a legend in his own lunchtime imo - years ago and for some reason I still find incredible he got fast tracked into the national team imo  - most likely on the back of a good but short spell of form with city - never really pushed on from here. Could be another case of too much too young ? Who knows 

Got that " Specials " song playing in my head. " ya married wid a kid, when ya shud be avin fun wid me, no gi me, no gi me, no more picnee ".

Edited by sheepyvillian

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Cometh the hour !

Looks set to step out of the shadows next season and show his true worth. 

I doubt he could survive a whole season selling programs on match day let alone train and perform as a professional footballer.

Richards is way up there as one of our worst pieces of transfer business ever. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I doubt he could survive a whole season selling programs on match day let alone train and perform as a professional footballer.

Richards is way up there as one of our worst pieces of transfer business ever. 

I agree...and it looked a shite move at the time 

But I just sense he is about to step out of shadows and perform heroically for us.....

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

Cometh the hour !

Looks set to step out of the shadows next season and show his true worth. 

The frustrating thing is the Micah that gives a shit is way too good for this league. The Micah that gives a shit could get into most teams in the Premier League.. The lad is 29 years old and he's behaving as if he's 34 and his career is over.

I know he's not liked around here, I'm not a fan either, but we may need bomb squad talent like him to step up next season. A Micah that gives a shit would feel almost like a fresh signing..

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

The frustrating thing is the Micah that gives a shit is way too good for this league. The Micah that gives a shit could get into most teams in the Premier League.. The lad is 29 years old and he's behaving as if he's 34 and his career is over.

I know he's not liked around here, I'm not a fan either, but we may need bomb squad talent like him to step up next season. A Micah that gives a shit would feel almost like a fresh signing..

I think he need someone to just show a little faith in him.

Is he really that much of a downgrade on Terry ? 

@hippo On his day when he's fit and in-form he's up there with some of the best defenders in English football, it's why when he came here and didn't perform there was genuine disappointment.

It would be nice if he started to try a bit as due to FFP we can't exactly sign many players, so a player already on the books stepping up would be nice right about now. 

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

I agree...and it looked a shite move at the time 

But I just sense he is about to step out of shadows and perform heroically for us.....

I admire your optimism but there is no chance this will happen.

the most heroic thing Micah could do is leave on a free and not drain us of anymore wages. That isn’t going to happen either.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I admire your optimism but there is no chance this will happen.

the most heroic thing Micah could do is leave on a free and not drain us of anymore wages. That isn’t going to happen either.

Wait and see - I think we will all be begging for a contract extension for him come January.  

I actually think the club should be proactive and do it now to be honest.

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think he need someone to just show a little faith in him.

Is he really that much of a downgrade on Terry ? 

Is this a serious question?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Daweii said:

@hippo On his day when he's fit and in-form he's up there with some of the best defenders in English football, it's why when he came here and didn't perform there was genuine disappointment.

I wouldn't agree with that at all. His positioning and general defensive intelligence has never been great.

• Like 3

The personification of all that was and is wrong with this great club

overhyped, overpriced player on ridiculous and unsustainable wages that have no correlation with what he has brought to the tream and zero resale value.

Edited by honest_bertie

Just now, praisedmambo said:

This place is going mad. I've seen some insane things since the playoff final, but that question is the most out there. 

Did you see him get pulled apart by Luton town? Did you see how many goals he was out of position for when we got relegated. Replacing (Vlaar?) with him was one of the worst pieces of business and replacing players we have ever done. He was so out of his depth at CB and this signing is one of the biggest jokes of all the terrible jokes we've been exposed to over the last decade. 

Took the bait there didn't you.

We have a real shortage of CB'S and with no one in the u23's to step up , to me it looks like play Jedi there - or consider Richards.

Â