Micah Richards

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Had decent respect for Darren Lewis until overnight he said Richards is still a fine footballer when fit :rant:

Richards has always been a legend in his own lunchtime imo - years ago and for some reason I still find incredible he got fast tracked into the national team imo  - most likely on the back of a good but short spell of form with city - never really pushed on from here. Could be another case of too much too young ? Who knows 

On 03/02/2018 at 12:44, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Also the quality of their home grown talent is improving as the game gains popularity and colleges and universities begin to invest heavily in training/competing. 

I follow a lot of baseball fans on Twitter and I'd say 50/60% of them are also in to soccer, not too far off the percentage also in to football. If America gets its act together they will be a force within the decade. 

To be Honest Doug I thought it would have already happened for the states by now - but I do agree they will be a force sooner rather than later imo 

5 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Interesting read. So seems he wants play but isn't fancied. Strange all round this one.

Yes. Very strange. Almost like when he has played he has been rubbish. :)

Being kept out of the team by a series of players who, with all respect to them, will be back up or dumped when we are promoted.

No matter about the one sided article, everyone in sport knows he is not good enough even for a Championship side, and this article is just an attempt to salvage some remaining reputation before retirement next year.

He would be better off doing what he has been doing virtually since we got him - taking the money and keeping his head down.

11 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Actually, his finest moment for us was as Santa in the Christmas video.

Perhaps that is where his future lies.

You may be onto something here, Santa only has to turn out once a year and dish out gifts, well Micah was certainly apt at giving gifts to the opposition in his time here.

• Like 1

I get the sense this article was written based on his reputation and previous clubs, and not based on his performances for AVFC. If the 'writer' had seen just 2 of his appearances for us they wouldn't have been able to write that article as they would know full well it was bollocks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

There is just no way this is true. No chance anybody wanted to take this clown off us, yet alone match or double his salary. The club would have made the decision to move him on over RDMs head if so. Article is utter trash.

If it was anyone other than West Ham i would agree, But it's West Ham so probaby true.

Ah well at least they have made up for it by Paying £11 million for Snodgrass & giving him to us for free 6 months later

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

If it was anyone other than West Ham i would agree, But it's West Ham so probaby true.

Ah well at least they have made up for it by Paying £11 million for Snodgrass & giving him to us for free 6 months later

That’s the West Ham Way.

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I would guess that either Micah is mates with the journalist or his agent has paid to have that put in there. The article couldn't be more pro-Micah and it's slanted to his favor bordering on the ridiculous. You couldn't have written more of a puff-piece. 

They actually try to blame the fans in the quote below for the fact that he might not be getting a look in.

What the article fails to mention is that he's shit. He was shit in the 3 seasons before Sherwood and the idiots who ran the club at the time signed him, and he was shit in the relegation season. He was shit since then and is still shit. He's shit. Sorry if that sounds mean spirited but that article needs to be redressed. What a joke that rag is.

Richards started the season as captain but Lescott ended the season as skipper and did that infamous post match interview at Man. United "weight off our shoulders" so he gets more stick.

I think the crux of it and the article is the issues with his right knee so he'd struggle to pass a medical at another club and SB obviously thinking he'd break down if selected.

Most interesting thing for me is apparently how good he is with the young players. According to VT he was one of the ringleaders in the breakdown of the team spirit in 2015.

51 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

According to VT he was one of the ringleaders in the breakdown of the team spirit in 2015.

I'm not sure that's true. It's more Gabby that gets blamed for that. It's known that Richards is popular in the dressing room despite being entirely useless on the pitch. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I'm not sure that's true. It's more Gabby that gets blamed for that. It's known that Richards is popular in the dressing room despite being entirely useless on the pitch. 

Yeah I've never really got the impression that Richards is a bad influence or a trouble maker. He simply can't get fit and hasn't been fit for a long time. Poor signing due to fitness issues and he wasn't very good when he did play. I don't think he ever looked fully fit even when he was playing to be fair to him. Is a bit of a shame for him as he was excellent when he burst onto the scene at Man City.

Whether he is a bad influence or not, his body language on the pitch and his lack of responsibility says it all. How many times did we see him lose his player for them to score and his response was to shrug, look at the nearest player and motion his hand to blame them..

7 hours ago, Dave J said:

Could be another case of too much too young ? Who knows 

Definitely.

And to be fair to Richards I'm fairly certain I've seen an interview with him where he says as much himself. Says he never should have been in the England squad and got out of bad situations because he was fast so could recover.

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Richards started the season as captain but Lescott ended the season as skipper and did that infamous post match interview at Man. United "weight off our shoulders" so he gets more stick.

I think the crux of it and the article is the issues with his right knee so he'd struggle to pass a medical at another club and SB obviously thinking he'd break down if selected.

Most interesting thing for me is apparently how good he is with the young players. According to VT he was one of the ringleaders in the breakdown of the team spirit in 2015.

Well, if his issues are down to injuries.....can't we get him "written off" with the Insurance company?

Edited by TRO

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

According to VT he was one of the ringleaders in the breakdown of the team spirit in 2015.

Correctomundo.

Every day he's here continues to be damaging.

11 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

West ham also were close to signing hogan. Like they just want to piss money away.

Â