Micah Richards

Demitri_C

On 21/01/2018 at 12:35, Zatman said:

I would rather not see him again :)

I feel similar so imagine my horror when I switched on tv last night to see him sitting there on rednapps team on James cordens a league of their own - even worse he was billed as Aston Villa star :(

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

I feel similar so imagine my horror when I switched on tv last night to see him sitting there on rednapps team on James cordens a league of their own - even worse he was billed as Aston Villa star :(

2 other people stealing a living, micah probably most tolerable of the 3 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

People won't want to hear this but I have read and heard a few reports that he is absolutely brilliant with the young players, helping them come through and settle with the first team squad. That he's essentially a £25k a week coach at this stage. And that his injuries have basically finished him, just not quite enough for a compo pay out. 

Dumpster fire of a situation I know, but at least we're putting him to some use?

well if you see the videos and him in it, the other players do seem to love him and his attitude. 

though injured or not his football was awful here and I be surprised if plays for us again

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

People won't want to hear this but I have read and heard a few reports that he is absolutely brilliant with the young players, helping them come through and settle with the first team squad. That he's essentially a £25k a week coach at this stage. And that his injuries have basically finished him, just not quite enough for a compo pay out. 

Dumpster fire of a situation I know, but at least we're putting him to some use?

That is fair enough if this indeed the case and good to know he is offering something to the cause and not just stealing a wage in effect.

Shame about his injuries at such a stage in his career.

Shouldn't be registered as a football player at the club though. You know, what with him not playing football, and being incapable of convincing anyone he can partake in the sport, seems weird to fork out a weekly fortune based on a contract that specifically states he is an able athlete that can actively take part in the sport. 

Micah Richards is registered with the club as a footballer, not a nice guy. I would be looking to sue him for every penny he hasn't wasted away and getting his name distanced from the club, not continuing to pay him because of his ability to hold conversations with younger players.  or smile in front of cameras

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Is he only on £25K per week? Signing as a free agent I assumed he would be on £60k + per week, unless he had a relegation clause in his contract of course?

5 hours ago, skarroki said:

Shouldn't be registered as a football player at the club though. You know, what with him not playing football, and being incapable of convincing anyone he can partake in the sport, seems weird to fork out a weekly fortune based on a contract that specifically states he is an able athlete that can actively take part in the sport. 

Micah Richards is registered with the club as a footballer, not a nice guy. I would be looking to sue him for every penny he hasn't wasted away and getting his name distanced from the club, not continuing to pay him because of his ability to hold conversations with younger players.  or smile in front of cameras

On what grounds could the club sue him. If you were no longer able to fulfil your role at work for reasons out of your control you would either be offered a new role or agree a compensation package. 

The club probably feel it's more value to keep him around as a unofficial coach then pay him off. I can't see how that is Richards fault. Do you expect him to just walk away? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Certain he's on at least £50k a week.

Where have you heard them? I'd be interested in reading them if available.

Him interacting with young players is something I think could go one way or the other. It's conceivable their motivation could be affected seeing this waster have a great time coasting through life on the good ship Aston Villa.

Obviously he was always a terrible player after the age of 19 so there's no benefit to him being a traditional coach.

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Certain he's on at least £50k a week.

Where have you heard them? I'd be interested in reading them if available.

Him interacting with young players is something I think could go one way or the other. It's conceivable their motivation could be affected seeing this waster have a great time coasting through life on the good ship Aston Villa.

Obviously he was always a terrible player after the age of 19 so there's no benefit to him being a traditional coach.

Not on that sort of money since we were relegated as there was a relegation clause on his contract 

15 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That Steve Bruce fella is a good man manager....

10 hours ago, skarroki said:

I would be looking to sue him for every penny he hasn't wasted away and getting his name distanced from the club

This is probably why that law career didn't work out for you.

• Haha 2

There are two separate sources. One is a Birmingham Mail article which if you Google 'Micah Richards' is the first article to come up I believe. I then spoke to somebody involved with the club on a corporate level who informed me in passing that this is indeed accurate.

It's not really ITK knowledge and feel free to disregard it, but it makes sense given that he's still heavily involved in the club's PR, particularly as he hasn't kicked a ball for the first team in over a year. 

No, it isn't worth £25k a week or whatever he's actually on. But I don't believe, or at least there's no solid evidence, that he's shirking his responsibility intentionally. Otherwise I'm confident he would have been McCormacked. 

On top of that we gave him the contract. It's on us ultimately. 

• Like 2

Â